milk of magnesia not working?!

Monica9811
on 6/26/14 8:35 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Make sure it is Senokot s and if swallowed them easy. Don't wait. It will only get worse trust me!  Good luck. 

Monica M.
on 6/25/14 11:53 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

if you've had no relief from MOM, then take it more, as suggested by Jane, or get things moving with a suppository or enema.

LittleMiss2013
on 6/26/14 2:03 am, edited 6/26/14 2:09 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

MOM stopped working for me about a month or 2 after surgery. I now use 2 Sennekot and 2 Dolcolax at night before bed...and in the morning after my coffee I am usually good to go......pun intended, lol. Both can be purchased at the pharmacy but can also be prescribed by a Dr if covered by your insurance. I would start with just the 2 sennekot and work your way up...........dont wait too long. 4 days is a long time. It will become Impacted and too hard/large to come out. I had to go to the ER once in the beginning to have an enima because it just wasn't coming out on its own. They were very sweet about it though because I was mortified, lol.

Also.....have you passed gas? If you have NOT passed gas OR went #2....you may have a blockage or intestinal kink which is BAD and is an emergency. If you HAVE passed gas then it is likely just constipation. However.....I wouldn't let it go too much longer without having it checked out at the ER. It may be impacted now....but they can fix it right up in a Jiffy. Hope it resolves itself for you.....this constipation thing can be HELL which is why I religiously take my pills every night now. Goodluck

Dolcolax are teeny tiny pills so you should be fine taking them and sennekot you can get in liquid form too =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Kwelbru
on 6/26/14 10:40 pm - Canada

Hate to be the party pooper(hahaha), but Dr Glazer Prescribes the M of M .   I would call his office or the nurse at the clinic and ask for advice.  There is a new fibre that HRRH is pimping called "Fiberrific". Or something like that.  

If its any conscquence... It gets better once you can eat more fibrous veggies and textured foods.  I had serious issues during puréed  but now that I'm in minced,  I haven't had any issues. 

Good luck!   Don't go all Cowgirl... Call the clinic. 

Kim

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

Most Active