Need some energy...

beme_atlast
on 6/26/14 6:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Help...I am 8 weeks out from my RNY surgery. I'm feeling well, no complications other than several episodes of gout which have been treated.  My problem is that I have no energy. I start something and then run out of steam in 5 minutes. 

I'm getting all my meds & vitamins in,iron included. I'm averaging 70 - 80 grams of protein a day and about 650 calories. Most days I get all my fluids in.

What else can I do?????   Am I getting enough calories???

I'm tired of being tired.....

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

1HealthyMomma
on 6/26/14 11:48 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I wish I knew something that would help . Sending energy vibes your way

Take Care Jane

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Karen M.
on 6/26/14 8:24 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Jane, cut yourself a little slack and REST when you need to. You've had major surgery to re-arrange your innards and your body is likely in a bit of shock from not only the trauma of surgery but also the huge decrease in nutrients you're able to take in. Keep eating your protein, supplementing as advised, rest when you need to and if you're concerned give your centre a call - they're there to help you. No harm in being cautious, ever!

Hang in there.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kittykatt1329
on 6/28/14 1:55 am - Alfred, Canada

Hey Jane

I'm in the same boat as u, I'm 6 weeks out no energy as well, taking everything I'm suppose to and have hard time just walking from my back yard into the house, I started back to work this week, but only 1/2 days thank god.. but I just figured with the surgery will come eventually. .. I have follow up on July 17th with clinic and if not better by then I will definitely inquire.

Cathy

Most Active