Anyone else met surgeon beginning of April in Ottawa?

Zizzler
on 6/23/14 8:46 am

Wondering if anyone else is close to when I saw the surgeon.  I am still waiting for a surgery date, it has been 11 weeks since I met the surgeon on April 8th.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

taniagirlca
on 6/23/14 10:32 am

my friend is in the same boat and met the surgeon that day too , no call so far

Zizzler
on 6/23/14 12:23 pm

Wow the same exact day?  Its a small world eh? Just wondering how people are coping with the waiting.

taniagirlca
on 6/27/14 6:11 am

she got her surgery date and chose aug 15th, she was offered a date in three weeks.

Zizzler
on 6/27/14 8:15 am

Great so there is still hope I will be offered a date in July, thanks!

startingmynewlife
on 6/23/14 12:49 pm

I met mid march and got my call two weeks ago.

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/14 4:12 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I met the surgeon in January and my surgery was in April.  I think patience is key and don't worry they will call!  

Zizzler
on 6/24/14 7:18 am

Thanks, the waiting truly is the hardest part of the process.  How are you feeling lately?  I remember you had some challenges in the beginning.

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/14 8:26 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I am feeling really good..When I hit week 7 things just went much better.  Regular food helps.  Cutting it in pieces and eating slowly.  I still can't swallow multivitamins whole or halved, but the chewables are bearable.  I am so thankful for this surgery - 50 pounds lost, have not had a migraine since surgery, no more neck pain, I can exercise now so weight is going down again.........  It feels like I can breathe and have a life again.

I understand your frustration on waiting as the process is so long.  Soon you will have your surgery and the wait for it will be a distant memory.  I hope you get the call soon as I know how much it can be life changing.

Good luck!

Kelly

Zizzler
on 6/24/14 12:53 pm

So glad to hear you are doing well, and thank your for the encouraging words.

Most Active