Optifast Hell

Gabygee
on 6/23/14 12:49 am - Canada

I used RASPBERRY crystal light

The tartness really helped.

Northernlightsmom
on 6/23/14 1:04 am - Canada

I so understand what you are going through. The gagging lasted quite some time for me until.....I bought a lid with a straw that didn't allow the smell of the liquid to escape the cup. Then blend the shake and water with the magic bullet just enough that there was lots of crushed ice in it. If you don't already have a magic bullet it is well worth it. Costco has them pretty cheap and you will benefit from it at all stages especially post op. Good luck :)

Take care, Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

startingmynewlife
on 6/23/14 1:42 am

I am on day 5 and hate the vanilla - however it not horrible.

My recipe is 300ml cold water - about 1 cup of ice - 1 pack of raspberry crystal light. I use a magic bullet to blend it - takes about 10-15 seconds.

I can NOT handle it unless it is blended with ice.

TES
on 6/23/14 2:15 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  I'll try the cup with the built-in straw.  I don't have a Magic Bullet yet - just a regular blender.  At work we don't have ice so I can't really do much more than cold water and flavouring.

Currently trying to make myself have my lunch-time shake.  Food has never made me this upset before!

Catw
on 6/23/14 4:11 am - Arnprior, Canada

I used a shaker with mine, and I'd drink one on the way into work, wash my cup, fill it with the desired amount of water, and put it in the fridge until it was time to mix my next shake.  It was in long enough that it was cold enough for my shakes.  I tried putting it in the freezer, but it would be in too long and then you're mixing with an ice cube.  Worse than what you are going through, trust me.

Cathy

Laurie C.
on 6/23/14 2:23 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I think the straw will make all the difference.   I am not a milk drinker either and the smell of the whey still grosses me out.  A straw and cold fixed everything

You will be okay

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

MisterDiminishing
on 6/23/14 2:42 am - Windsor, Canada

I don't have a solution but only a reminder that ... the Optifast regimen is only temporary.   Push through it and you'll never have to look back.

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/14 6:33 am

I had to do 3 weeks of Optifast, I don't think anyone loves Optifast, but some like me didn't mind it, to me I set my mind to "this has to be done, so do it" mode. I sucked it up and did it. Optifast is just one of many obstacles that will be crossed. Keep your eyes on the prize... get er done!!!!

Most Active