Cramping in lower abdomen

nadiras
on 6/17/14 11:20 am - Canada

Hello ladies and gents. It has been a while since I have posted anything. I am currently 7 months post-op, had a gastric bypass done. The past few days on and off I have had period like cramping in my lower abdomen. I get regular periods and I know it is not from my period starting. At time the pain is strong and others mild. 

I had emergency surgery 4 months out. Turns out I had a internal hernia and a small area of my bowels were twisted.

My question has anyone else experienced period like cramping? I do not know of I should be concerned again. I had my surgery's at HRRH with Dr.Starr

Thanks in advance for reading. Appreciate any advice received.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 11:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

Is it the same kind of cramping/pain you had when you had the hernia? If you're concerned, definitely call.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

nadiras
on 6/17/14 11:29 am - Canada

It does not feel the same. My pain was more constamt before. Odd thing is when I went in to be checked out I met another lady who was post-op and there for the same reason. I have a high pain tolerance.

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 11:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

Weird. There are a bunch of things it "could" be, but I won't speculate. If it's hurting or just doesn't seem right, get it checked out. Keep us posted.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

GonnaBeSlim
on 6/17/14 7:44 pm

I am just over a month out, and feeling that, but much worse than period cramps.  For me, I think it's not getting enough water, so that things can "move". I have a follow-up in a few days, and then we'll see. I had Hagen, but then Starr did a second surgery 2 days after the first.

Monica M.
on 6/17/14 10:35 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

I think you should be concerned. You don't mess around with unidentified pain. Please have it checked out, get answers that you're satisfied with,and please let us know how you're doing.

nadiras
on 6/18/14 6:42 am - Canada

I went to my local hospital and they blood plus x-rays. They all came back fine. Only thing she noted on the x-ray was I had a lot of stool in me. I have no issues with bathroom breaks and have been regular. They thought pain could be coming from that.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Most Active