Who knew?

Mrs_Rolo
on 6/16/14 9:56 am - Waterloo, Canada

I am on day5 of Optifast and was feeling hungry - so I broke down and heated up a cup of chicken broth.  Who knew chicken broth could taste so heavenly!  It was so good I wanted to swim in it - okay maybe a bit of exaggeration.  Wish I would have tried it a few days ago.

SulowskiT
on 6/16/14 10:10 am

I hear ya!! I just finished two weeks of optifast and today's is day one of two days full of clear liquids. Trust me chicken broth will be your best friend!! Don't overdo it while on opti so you can enjoy it when you aren't on the shakes anymore!

surgery Wednesday. Here I come!

Good luck to you!

gonna_B_thinner
on 6/16/14 11:27 am

I started options same day as you, seems we are having same feelings, yesterday and today I've been feeling hungry at certain times of the day.  So far I haven't broke down and had broth yet but was thinking about it.  I've. Just been drinking water like a fish.  

Katie M.
on 6/16/14 12:04 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Bovril packets were my saviour on Opti!! A bit of salty taste to cut through the Opti sweet is so good. Keep up the good work and good luck!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Almostthere1966
on 6/16/14 1:50 pm - Canada

1 week complete on Optifast with 2 cups green veges per day, but Preop is tomrrow . Next Tuesday s my final day on Optifast  and a change of liquids other then 2 liters of water would be real nice.How much chicken powder do you use for a cup of broth? It sounds like a good relaxing bedtime drink to sooth off to sleep

Kahy

Most Active