Tired of sitting on the fence and wish I could make up my mind :(

taniagirlca
on 6/7/14 2:44 am

Actually, I have jumped through a year and a half of hoops to get offered a surgery date and I have secondary conditions, high blood pressure, gerd, and pre diabetic.

Monica9811
on 6/7/14 1:55 am - Peterborough, Canada

Personally I wouldn't change a thing. I only wish I had done this sooner. The people around me are very supportive. No one looks at it as the easy way out. I don't feel deprived one bit. My meals are protein based but I still have a bite or two of veggies or sometimes a bite of a potatoe. Honestly that's all I need and I'm satisfied. I order wraps when I go out and just eat the insides. I did protein shakes every morning for a year. Now I have Greek yogurt with protein cereal mixed in it. The other night I made a 2 egg omelette with cheese onion bacon and peppers. I ate half for dinner and half for breakfast. The first several months are more restricted but it becomes your way of life. I say go for the surgery. Because those 70lbs will be 100lbs before you know. Trust me I saw the scale climb and climb. Good luck!

Karen M.
on 6/7/14 2:22 am - Mississauga, Canada

What other people say or think about your weight isn't important. Your body, your health, your choice.

I'm not clear on your stats though - you would not be approved with "only" 70 pounds to lose - you simply wouldn't meet the BMI criteria. To me, and I'll be honest with you, 70 sounds more like 100. Maybe check your stats again and re-evaluate.

In the end, you'll do what's right for you. You've made some great changes by using a Fitbit and eating healthier already. No rush to make a snap decision - surgery isn't for everyone.

Karen

8 years post-op, start 290 now 120

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

taniagirlca
on 6/7/14 2:55 am

I meet the BMI criteria with secondary co-morbidities. 

Thanks for all the responses. I  am able to touch base with the centre in September and get another surgery date. I guess that leaves me the summer to try to lose then make up my mind. Lots to think about !

Karen M.
on 6/7/14 2:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Definitely tons to think about, you're right! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you, I'm happy to help.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

finallyfree2beme
on 6/7/14 11:56 pm

I too thought twice about having the surgery but did it and am so happy I did, I can eat whatever I want but my pouch limits the amount and for that I am grateful.

I envisioned never being able to eat normally again, I was afraid that salad and vegetables in general would be difficult to eat but they all sit well with my pouch. I stay away from breads, rice, pasta but do enjoy quinoa, shirtaki noodles, lots of protein especially fish and cheese. I lost the first 50 lbs quickly and since I am limited in the amount I can eat, I know the weight is gone forever. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Most Active