Looking for surgeon near Toronto

Svg67
on 6/5/14 11:26 am - Durham, Canada

I am looking for a self pay surgeon near Toronto.  Please let me know if you know of one and the cost.  Thanks!

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/5/14 10:03 pm - Windsor, Canada

Misgroup.ca

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Svg67
on 6/6/14 9:49 am - Durham, Canada

Thanks Dawn!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/14 12:08 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Self pay for what surgery?  If you mean for WLS, then the only self pay available in Ontario is lap-band. If you want any other type of WLS self-pay then you need to go out of province for that.

Svg67
on 6/6/14 9:55 am - Durham, Canada

Hi Tracy,  rny is what I am looking for.   I am approx 252 at 5'7", so just under 40 bmi.  My comorbids are not the usual,  I have hypermobility syndrome (faulty collagen), fibromyalgia and am in need of a knee replacement...catch 22, cause they won't do replacement until I loose weight.  I also have GERD and am having a sleep study test done in July.  I was denied at referral stage by Guelph, but will ask them to send my file to Humber for review.  My family history is saturated with diabetes, high blood pressure and other heart conditions...so it is a matter of time.

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/14 9:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Hopefully Humber will approve you otherwise you will have to go out of province to get RNY self-pay. Many go to Montreal to self-pay.

Most Active