What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

TanyaLH
on 6/4/14 6:10 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

1 year post op

Steps 13098

Good morning,

Almost Friday, thankfully!!!

Barb, hope your 5 year appointment goes well!

Nothing exciting for me today, just work and walking the pooch.

B- 1/4 cup ff cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Source yogurt, protein coffee

S- 10 grapes, 10 raw almonds

L- 2.5 oz chicken breast w/ lettuce, tomato, red onion in a flat out wrap

D- 2.5 oz baked trout w/ 1/2 cup sweet kale salad w/ dressing

s- 1/3 cup greek yogurt w/ SF pudding powder

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 6/4/14 7:16 pm

RNY  5 Years 2 Months post Op

Morning

How is your pooch doing Tanya?......

Yes, 5 Year appointment today.....I am hoping I will be able to schedule a 6 year one ....I know they said 5 years of follow up....but I am hoping to be followed up for life....there is always something new.....and the clinic should understand our issues better then other health professionals....so here's hoping

Back down the 3LBS I put on over the weekend.....so my pattern continues of losing 2 - 3....putting a few of them back on immediately...( even though my eating is roughly the same daily)....and so on.....at least a steady albeit slow progression down

STEPS - 4800...spent the majority of the day in my office reading

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 3 slices of PC blue menu ham - 1/2 slice of blue menu swiss cheese - 1 tsp of low fat mayo - cucumber slices all wrapped in a dempsters whole wheat tortilla

S - 3 Wasa

2 TBS of imperial cheese spread...( don't like it....but will finish the container)

D - 1.5 cups of sweet kale salad

Green beans

4 oz meatballs

2 TBS of tomato sauce

1 TSp of shredded parmesan

S - 2 source dessert yogurt

2 no sugar added fudge pops

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,360,  Carbs - 118 grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 101 Grams

Might not eat all the snacks listed....especially the wasa and cheese mixture

All water and vits

Have a great one 

TanyaLH
on 6/5/14 8:14 am, edited 6/5/14 8:32 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Barb, The lump and swelling is gone! he is still on the Prednisone and it is making him gain weight. So now I have a fat pooch! We are out walking more now and the treats are cut way back.

Thank you for asking.

I would like to have lifetime follow up as well, interested in hearing their thoughts on that, if you care to share their answer with us.

tanya

Patm
on 6/4/14 11:13 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What a slow start to the day. Woke up to a power outage. Not a problem except no coffee!!First Starbucks I went to was closed due to no power. Had to go farther. I get a drive in on Thursdays. I drive and my husband takes the car home. I had so many people walk in front of my car and cars cut me off and all on lack of coffee. Fools they are lucky they didn't get hit.

Not sure if it was the lack of coffee or the fact I have just been feeling really tired lately but decided not to bike home. I will try to get in a long walk today.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s apple baby bel

l salad with chicken and dressing, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d ham and egg

s laughing cow and melba toast

cal 1178, carb 101.7, prot 110.3

Karen M.
on 6/5/14 12:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all,

Have a mammogram and bone density test in a bit - fun wow. Going out for dinner tonight with my parents - my aunt, who is elderly and I haven't seen in probably 6 years, is in town so I'm excited to see her. She barely recognized me 6 years ago (2 years post-op), I'm positive she won't tonight as I've lost at least another 45 or so pounds since then. lol My first trip to the Manadarin in about 9 years - oh the choices! What a waste for someone like me, truly. I'll keep it protein forward, but HELL YES I'm having a chicken ball. ;)

Have a great day everyone - Pat, I hope you've got some coffee in you by now! Barb, enjoy your 5 year follow-up - I know they'll be so pleased to see how well you've done.

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt

S - Premier protein shake

L - bowl of chili, 1.4 cup shredded cheddar

S - Premier protein shake

D - Chinese buffet. 'Nuff said.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

aprilflowers
on 6/5/14 12:35 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

yum chinese! An old fave! They ordered in chinese for our last PD day. It was a 'thank you' for teachers. I had a few shrimp, some broccoli and then ate a protein bar.lol

Chicken balls were my fave. I wouldn't have been able to stop at 1!

Karen M.
on 6/5/14 2:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am thankful every darn day for continued restriction - otherwise I'm sure I wouldn't stop at one either!

Karen

aprilflowers
on 6/5/14 12:28 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

Having a really hard time. I am consuming more calories as per the advice of a nutritionist and a personal trainer. Last week I tried on pants that are usually tight and they felt really good. THis week I've tried them on two separate days and they are tight. I was already anxious about trying this, and now I can't begin to describe the stress. I want to weigh myself because last I checked I was 180 and that sent me into a total meltdown. I won't survive seeing 190 or 200. They said to stay away from the scale for a bit because I will be retaining with these new calories before my body trusts me again, but if I am truly gaining weight, I want to catch it before it gets to 190.

Anyway, here's my menu

B: greek yogurt, blueberries, pumpkin flax cereal, chia, matcha green tea powder
S: 1 simply protein mini bar, 20 almonds
L: 4oz grilled sirloin steak, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup broccoli and cauliflower
S: 2 baby bel and a pear
post bootcamp snack: 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1 banana, 2 tbsp PB
D: cod fillet, the rest of my brocoli and cauliflower
S: protein shake to get my calories to 1500 and a net of 1000.

Karen M.
on 6/5/14 2:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

I can totally understand your fear. Seeing the numbers go up anytime is scary for sure. This new eating plan is new and I'm sure it'll take some time for your body to adjust. The good thing is that you're monitoring so closely and I can't imagine any way possible that you would truly gain given the still low number of calories and the strenuous amount you're working out. If it doesn't work out the way you'd like, hey you tried. You can always go back to what you were doing, that was working, and carry on.

K.

Karen

aprilflowers
on 6/5/14 2:59 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

Unfortunately what I was doing wasn't working. It worked until february, then suddenly I gained 10lbs. I was told I was eating too little. So if this new plan doesn't work...well...I can't even think of that.

I'll postpone my weigh in. Last pants that got tight fit beautifully, then this week they're tight. Hoping it's water retention.

Most Active