Never hurts to ASK! YAY!

Mary Gee
on 6/5/14 4:43 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I've lucked out a few times by calling to see if there were cancellations.  Some of the appointment secretaries suggested it themselves.  But no need to be "overly" polite -- just be your usual self.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/14 2:27 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Mary, I figure people's schedules change all the time, and I am sure some back out of the process along the way as well, so I definitely will keep trying along the way. Thanks for the support!

finallyfree2beme
on 6/5/14 10:25 am

Good for you! This is Your journey, don't let anyone steal your joy. When I went to meet my surgeon I inquired about cancellations, the lady asked my availability and I said anytime, I work for a Doctor and he was more excited than me for the surgery. Before I even went in the room to see the Surgeon, she called me up and moved my appointments to one month away. I completed the entire process from Orientation to surgery in exactly three months, this was quite fast but I was ready and all of the team knew it. Congratulations to you for making this big step to a healthier future!

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/14 2:32 pm - Toronto, Canada

That's incredible! I also can be available pretty much anytime, and have a very flex work schedule, so hopefully this helps me along the way also! Congrats to you, and your journey! And not possible to steal my joy! This is the first time I have actually made the final decision to do something about my life, become healthy, and get the help I need to do so! Thank you for the kind words, and for sharing your timeline, it makes me more optimistic and not feeling silly for being happy having had my one appointment moved up.

coop1977
on 6/5/14 12:34 pm - Canada

Whohoo congrats!

I got my referral on March 11 .... My orientation date is Aug 6 

Janet

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/14 2:29 pm - Toronto, Canada

Well if you are going to TWH for orientation, there is now an opening for July as that is the date I changed! Good luck girl! and thanks for the positive words!

-Jennifer

taniagirlca
on 6/6/14 1:35 am

wonderful news and it never hurts to ask :)

Freshlila
on 6/6/14 4:16 am

Amazing!!!! Great job calling for cancellations. I can happily say that...my orientation was bumped two months and then after orientation I was given my next appointments to see the surgeon which was yesterday! My other appointments to see the nurses social worker and dieticians were actually supposed to be in September September got bumped to next week!!!!!

calling and being polite in general works and is rewarding in it's own! I can totally confirm it helped me shave Atleast 5 months! So good for you and I would love to share and hear your entire journey. :) 

anniew72
on 6/6/14 5:21 pm

Congratulations and yes  it never hurts to ask that's  how problems get solved. Just started the journey myself and got a call to move my orientation from  September to July so I am very excited and happy for you and me at the same time. YEAH!!!!!

Most Active