Finally home after surgery May 13 th

GonnaBeSlim
on 5/31/14 6:48 am

I debated posting, but decided people need to know how very dangerous any surgery can be.

so my experience :

may 13 th- revision from vsg to rny

may 15th- went back in through same lap incisions to repair an issue

That night kept telling nurses I felt pressure in my chest, hard to breathe. No one concerned themselves much.

may. 16th morning, got up to pee, room swam and suddenly full of people.

coded

woke in emerg with NG tube being shoved through my nose by. 2 nurses that we came to think of as dumb and dumber.  Threw up. 7 x during the process.

a moment later told I had to go on respirator.  Didn't want to but apparently had had CT while out that showed double pneumonia and secondary infection. Dr said if I refused the tube I could leave soon-   In a hearse

spent 7 days in ICU

Then, 3 more on 5 th foot again.

couldn't stand one more day, . 4 hours from home and begged to leave. Glazer agreed if I could keep mu oxygen in. The 90s without support.  I did it and left.

note well: while in there met another lady in. 12 days due to different set of complications following rny!

now, tired, weak, nauseous, but ALIVE

folks, ANYTHING can happen. In fact Hagen told me they have to do a second surgery, like they did to me in 6% of the patients

well, that 's my experience.  

G.

Zizzler
on 5/31/14 7:11 am

Glad to hear you made it through, sounds like quite an ordeal.  It is important to hear stories such as yours to remind us of the risks, thank you for posting.  Hope the rest of your recovery is uneventful and smooth.  Take care.

roxytrim
on 5/31/14 7:13 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

yer right, good to post your experience so people can get the idea this is the "easy way" out, out of their heads.  Good for you hanging in there and best wishes to a full recovery.

sellarsgal
on 5/31/14 7:40 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thank God you will be ok, I was just in there myself, no problems. You are right though. Most people post good reviews so it's good to hear about complications as well. This is not easy, but it will work. All the best for continuing recovery.

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Karen M.
on 5/31/14 8:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Very glad to hear that you're home and doing well despite all of the challenges you endured! Take good care of yourself.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

taniagirlca
on 5/31/14 9:56 am

Thank you for sharing, and thank god you are ok - what an ordeal for you. Hope you are feeling better soon !!

TanyaLH
on 5/31/14 10:12 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Thank you for sharing, glad to hear you are home and on the mend. Take care.

Tanya

Robyn R.
on 5/31/14 10:56 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Glad you are home safe & sound.  Stay strong & take it 1 day at a time.

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/14 3:19 pm

Im so sorry you went through what you did, it must of been terrible. Not everyone is the same and unfortunately any surgery has the possibility of have severe complications, I don't think it is fair to call the medical staff dumb and dumber,apparently they saved your life and for that you should be ever grateful. 

GonnaBeSlim
on 6/1/14 11:13 am

No, my dear, the two I called out were responsible for aggravating an already precarious situation. My cousin is a lawyer and was ThERE. He's pushing me to sue, but I just want to forget it all. Please do not assume I am simply running down anyone. These 2 were beyond incompetent.

Most Active