NEWBIE HERE- 1st post. Looking for support and current wait times Toronto

Dreamy74
on 6/5/14 1:11 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi again JL!  :)

I did indeed get my two appointments at the end of the orientation.  One thing I should mention is, if you smoke, quit smoking now.  You have to be smoke free for 3 months before you can have further appointments after the orientation.  If you do though, they will just re-schedule your appointments for three months later from your last smoke date.

I am excited for you JL that you got bumped up on the orientation session - that is great!  I am going to find out more about the support groups and definitely go to one, I will let you know for sure if I go and then maybe we could even meet up for a coffee afterwards or something?  Do you live right in Toronto?  I do.

flowerstrewn
on 6/8/14 3:07 pm

Hello Jennifer and Dreamy! Just wanted to wave to a couple of fellow newbies. Dreamy, I was also at the May 28 orientation session (the one with the guide dog right at the back, asking a lot of questions). :)
Jennifer, I for one wish you the very best of luck with your surgery! Your family's attitude seems a bit perplexing, but I sincerely hope it's simply a case of trying to spare you the anxiety they went through rather than anything more malicious. I do hope they come around. In any event, you won't lack for cheerleaders on this board, it seems! Stay strong and good luck.  

Dreamy74
on 6/8/14 10:15 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi flowers!  Nice to "meet" you.  I remember you!  I am glad to see you out here - isn't this an amazing site? I just love it and am so thankful it is here.

flowerstrewn
on 6/8/14 10:46 pm

Ditto, Dreamy! Very grateful to have such a supportive resource close to home. And what fun to have stumbled on someone who will be following more or less the same trajectory as me, though it sounds like you ran afoul of their strict smoking rules?
Take care,
Michelle

Dreamy74
on 6/9/14 5:36 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi again flowers, no thankfully I don't smoke.  I am 39 now and quit back when I was 22.  Thank goodness!  It seemed a lot of people at the orientation were smokers I heard a lot of them say they had to re-schedule.

Most Active