What are you eating/doing today?(Saturday)

TanyaLH
on 5/30/14 11:02 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

1 year post op

Steps 11896

Good morning

Today is 1 year surgeversary! What a diffenrece 1 year makes! I am so very grateful for this new lease on life!

Alittle shopping today, and a nice walk in the park with DH and the pooch to celebrate  

What is everyone else doing?

B- 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese, protein coffee

S- tea, tsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana

L- 2.5 oz chicken breast w/ sweet kale salad

D- Not sure yet...

S- 1/3 cup greek yogurt.

Be well everyone.

Tanya

Patm
on 5/30/14 11:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on your one year. Looking back you must notice a lot of changes. Congratulations on your journey so far

I have errands to run today. I am off out with the dog soon for his exercise. I may try to do some biking this afternoon. See how energetic I feel.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l chicken left over and grd beef left over, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d salmon, salad, veg?

s wine

cal 1177, carb 65.1, prot 91.4

Zizzler
on 5/31/14 6:14 am

I am pre-op

Such a nice day, went for an hour-long walk with the pups this morning and it was lovely.  Came home and cut my rhubarb - I had a lot!  Made rhubarb compote, experimental rhubarb jam using gelatin, rhubarb juice from the liquids, and a rhubarb crumble made with almond flour and coconut oil for the crumble part.  Use EZ-Sweetz to sweeten all of them and some davinci syrup in the crumble. Hope it turned out ok. Will it eat it until I get sick of it then freeze the rest. 

B - 2 ww toast with cream cheese and sf blueberry jam

L - baked hot wings and thin crust saracha chicken pizza

D - stir fry: tofu, garlic greens (omg delish), mushrooms, onions, carrot, celery. (no starch just veg)

Snack: sf rhubarb jam, rhubarb crumble, homemade sf tomato salsa

Days like today really renew my spirit!

TanyaLH
on 5/31/14 6:30 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Your crumble sounds sooo good!

Yayyy for renewed spirits!

Zizzler
on 5/31/14 6:49 am

Thank you!  The crumble turned out quite nice but I should have used more rhubarb, the ratio was off.  I got the idea from a low carb recipe site. Mix coconut oil, almond flour, and cinnamon to make the crumble part. Just read that rhubarb has a laxative effect so will keep that in mind.  I may just buy some strawberries to try mixing those in too, makes a nice combo. 

Karen M.
on 5/31/14 8:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

Happy first year surgiversary, Tanya! Wishing you continued success and good health. xo

Been very out of sorts the past few days so I haven't been up to too much other than little things to make me feel good - pedi/mani (she was very gentle with my toe lol), walking and enjoying the sunshine, cooking healthy, delicious things ... the usual "make Karen feel better" crap. ;)

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the day, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I start everyday with this - only way I can choke back my handful of meds)

S - crustless quiche

L - 1/2 bagel with grilled chicken salad

S - Premier protein shake, frozen banana and strawberries

D - chili, 1/4 cup shredded old cheddar

S - not sure yet, definitely something protein-y

Hope you're having a great Saturday :)

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 5/31/14 10:16 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Thank you Karen! It's very important to do the "make Karen feel better" crap, keep doing it!  

Tanya

Most Active