Question about wait times at Guelph

Darbaybe_2014
on 5/27/14 1:00 am - Kitchener, Canada

Solstice if I may ask what were the results of the sleep study?  I had mine done in May and was back to get the results 1 week later,  ( mild to moderate sleep Apnea) errrr....I picked up my CPAP machine last Friday and have been getting used to it...I think it is making a difference...Not sure...LOL.... I used had Dr Gotchuck from Hamilton....he has a clinic in Cambridge....I was very lucky to get results fast...

You have been very patient and I hope you get your surgery soon...this waiting can be very difficult...

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Solstice
on 5/27/14 5:54 am
RNY on 11/27/14

That dang sleep study!!!!

I have an appt to get my results from Dr. Soparkar, (whose main office is in Sarnia, I think) on friday May 30 at 4:30 pm! I was referred there because I am halfwayish between London and Sarnia. The sleep study was done on March 10. This office tells you have to wait 6-8 weeks for the titration, or results-don't know why! Torture, i tell ya!

They originally offered me a date for the results appt on May 1, couldn't make that work, so I had to wait another whole month, because the doc was on vacation. I am really curious to know too. I had to have this test done because of my BMI, BUT am glad I did, because I will get definitive results. Had not even considered that it may be a problem previously. I guess when you are on the operating table it is kind of important to know...

I will let you know my results!

What brand of CPAP did you get?

Connie

Solstice

Darbaybe_2014
on 5/27/14 6:56 am - Kitchener, Canada

wow that is insane that you have had to wait that long! Makes no sense...

I have this small square taller type machine that is about the size of big alarm clock....it actually has a clock on it with an alarm setting...so I just took my alarm clock off the table and put it there..

It is the Fisher & Paykel  model...it's all new to me....but so far seems ok....the mask is a little hard to get used too....but I know I am dreaming all night long again so I must be getting into REM sleep more :)

take care

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Evie_e
on 5/29/14 9:13 am - Canada

I too have been peeping in and reading this forum for quite a few months.  nervous to send messages before i knew anything.  My Dr. sent a referral into guelph in March and i have my first consult. June 5th.  I am excited and sooo scared I will not qualify for some odd reason.  What would some reasons bne for people that do not qualify???  I heard Guelph was pretty efficient.  I def feel a little lost but posts like yours sure to help ease the anxiety!  TY!

Most Active