Changing hospitals

Cookies-and-Cream
on 5/20/14 10:07 pm

Did anyone transfer out of Humber ? Is there anything I can submit in writing ? They have me running in circles saying that it's the new hospital who submits the request when on the other end I am told a totally opposite thing. I am so done with Humber, it's not even funny, just trying to finalize this hopefully this year.

Any insight or experience is appreciated

kimber291
on 5/20/14 10:36 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

What request are you referring to? 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

jaxie77
on 5/21/14 12:20 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hi there , 

First off ..sorry to hear you are having problems with this ! This experience is long enough and we have to be as patient as possible , but when we run into issues it can be infuriating !! I have had a few issues with my doctors office (mainly reception forgetting stuff and losing stuff etc ) and it really can get tiring when you have to keep calling and reminding them about stuff .I have never changed hospitals, but just wondered why you were keen to change ? I will be having surgery out of Humber with Dr Klein , im anxious to hear what sort of issues you are having . I know it's not the same experience for everyone but ...im just being nosey I guess ! Lol 

Hope you get things sorted out soon and back on track . 

Jax x

Sassy75
on 5/21/14 3:46 am - North York, Canada

Hi there, I transferred out of Humber also. I had asked for a second opinion as I was not comfortable with my experience at Humber. I went to another hospital and was pleased so I asked them if I could transfer. They told me that Humber had to initiate the transfer. Humber had to send my file back to the registry and tell the registry where I wanted to be transferred to. I waited a few weeks after requesting this and called to follow up at my new centre. They told me the transfer had not been completed as yet. I called back to Humber and was told she thought she requested the transfer but guesses she forgot, and she did it while I was on the phone. 

Cookies-and-Cream
on 5/21/14 7:24 am

thanks for reply. Do you remember the name of the person you spoke to ?

Sassy75
on 5/21/14 10:40 am - North York, Canada

I'm sorry, I don't know. She sounded like a young girl. Good luck!!

Most Active