Dollar store find

4-Jane
on 5/6/14 1:36 pm - Canada

I was told and did end up buying a protein drink from the dollar store.  Weider pure pro 35 , sold in a can that measures 325 ml.  And in that can is 35 g of protein, 4 g of sugar and o g of fat has 160 calories for the vanilla and I think 170 for the chocolate.  A can costs one dollar the draw back is it has an artificial sweetener in it but it's not bad and I'm crazy fussy.  I use a protein powder from my health store and make my own shakes with skim milk and ice. This is the first store bought ready to drink product I can get down.  I live in Thunder Bay but am sure these would be in all the dollar stores,  just wanted to share

Respectfully Jane
reenie33
on 5/6/14 9:23 pm

thanks, Jane. Im going to look today, I live in Gravenhurst, you never know what is going to be in those stores... seems they get more and more each day. For a quick meal (lasts me 2 days) they also sell chunks of real white chicken meat in the can. Marios makes it. All the best to you.

4-Jane
on 5/6/14 9:53 pm - Canada

What is the protein count on the chicken and is it tolerable? Sorry to ask but as said I might be a bit..... Fussy and generally struggle with liking meats, but I'm trying to be tuff and at least try

Respectfully Jane
Monica M.
on 5/6/14 10:02 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Jane, what's the sodium count on those chicken thingers?

4-Jane
on 5/7/14 8:10 am - Canada

I'm not sure as it was reenie33 that posted about the chicken meat?,if I buy it I will pm you that info

Respectfully Jane
Monica M.
on 5/7/14 10:23 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

sorry, replied to the wrong one! Reenie did give the info tho, so that's good.

Zizzler
on 5/6/14 9:31 pm

What artificial sweetener is in it?  I am very sensitive to maltitol and sorbitol.

4-Jane
on 5/6/14 9:49 pm - Canada

Contains sucralose

Respectfully Jane
Zizzler
on 5/7/14 7:59 am

Nice!  I will have to check them out sometime.  thanks!

kimber291
on 5/6/14 11:48 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Which dollar store carries the protein drinks? 

Thanks Kim 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Most Active