SO Discouraged...

staceycvd
on 5/6/14 4:04 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

I went for my psychiatric evaluation in February and just found out that the psychiatrist has put me on ANOTHER years wait pending another evaluation. That makes 2 years now... I have a hard time understanding how she got this impression that I was not mentally stable when she showed up half an hour late to the appointment via OTN, only spoke to me for 20 minutes which was idle chit chat regarding my current situation (school was nearly done, work was great, got a new puppy, happier and healthier than I've ever been). I am not impressed with this decision and I'm hoping that with my move to Ottawa that I'll be assessed by another, more competent psychiatrist.   Anyone else have issues with psych in Sudbury?

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

GonnaBeSlim
on 5/6/14 4:42 am

Can you ask for another evaluation?  Gees, if we are not crazy before this, making us wait so long gets us there, eh?

good luck,

G

Catw
on 5/6/14 5:29 am - Arnprior, Canada

I don't know anything about the Psych in Sudbury, but did she explain why you need to wait?  How long until you move to Ottawa?  If you do see anothe psych in Ottawa, the file from the previous one will probably get transfered too.  It would be good to discuss the results with him/her as well.

Cathy

staceycvd
on 5/6/14 6:49 am - Canada
RNY on 07/24/18

Cathy,

She did not even send me any correspondence post-appointment. I found out 2 months later from my doctor during a routine appointment for puffer refills. She didn't even have the courtesy to send me the results from the appointment like every other professional that I met with during the process. Very frustrating and very discouraging.

1st Referral: May 31 2012 Orientation: July 17th 2012 Denied at Psych appointment

3rd Referral: June 2016 Orientation: August 2016 Got pregnant and discharged

4th Referral: October 2017 Orientation: April 2018 Pre-op: July 16th Surgery: July 24th!

HW: 281 SW: 269 CW:235.1 GW: ~150-160

Mary A.
on 5/8/14 12:38 am
On May 6, 2014 at 1:49 PM Pacific Time, staceycvd wrote:

Cathy,

She did not even send me any correspondence post-appointment. I found out 2 months later from my doctor during a routine appointment for puffer refills. She didn't even have the courtesy to send me the results from the appointment like every other professional that I met with during the process. Very frustrating and very discouraging.

so very sad that the services they provide are to help people, not to discourage them and add more chaos to their lives.

I would call or write her and ask her to specifically outline the reasoning why she is making the recommendation that you wait...and if you write, make sure you send a copy to the http://www.cpso.on.ca/publicregister  (they also list a phone number, might be worth inquiring)

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active