What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 5/5/14 6:53 pm

RNY  5 Years 1 Month Post Op

Morning

Busy day ahead......am trying to save enough food for the evening because I don't like to go to bed hungry.....in a bit of a stall weight wise.....but I know to just hang in there

STEPS - 6250

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1 panko crusted sole filet

2 whole small pickled beets

D - Green salad with full fat dressing and a bit of parmesan

4 oz grilled chicken

1 cup of broccoli

S - 2 Wasa with 2 light laughing cow cheese

Source 35 Calorie dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 947,  Carbs - 53 Grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 78 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 5/5/14 9:31 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning Barb :)

I know what you mean about "saving enough to eat during the evening. I too, like many people, sometimes get after dinner munchies. I've had the best success in dealing with this (which can lead to late evening snacking) [danger zone for me] by doing a couple of simple things:

1. Eating enough throughout the day so I am not food-seeking at night

2. Ensuring my dinner is the most protein-heavy meal and causes me to feel comfortably "full", and

3. Organizing an on-going "treat cache" that is readily available and easy on the carbs (veggies prepared, tiny containers already filled with dip, sliced fruit, cheese sliced thin, little baggies of 4 crackers, etc.)

It seems like a little "work" to get all this consistently organized, but it sure does help me to stay on plan and not over-eat or have too much leftover food for my body to effectively digest prior to going to bed. Seems self-defeating to go to bed on a full stomach, not allowing my body to perhaps burn off a few of the calories if possible.

Anyway I'm sure you know all that. Mainly sharing for those us who struggle with evening eating as I've been known to myself at times. Organization and keeping things "at my fingertips" really does help to keep me on track at night.

Fairly quiet day today, a little shopping for the house, then out for dinner tonight with some OH friends at Walker's Fish Market - very excited to see everyone as my cawffee nights have not been regular in a very long time, due to my illness. (This will also change very soon as I'm missing the opportunity to offer support to others AND the wonderful friendships the cawffee nights encourage.

Now that I've rambled on quite enough! lol

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (praise gawd, the Oikos is finally gone), a few strawberries

S - small slice lazy banana muffin (read: too lazy, muffins turned out to be banana bread LOL), 1 T cream cheese, a few sliced strawberries

L - small green salad with 3 oz chicken, a little dressing, sprinkle of sunflower seeds and toasted almonds, poppy seed dressing

S - likely just tea

D - Out - pre-scanned the menu at Walker's so will be having the Walker's Shrimp Tacos

Have a terrific Tuesday!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 5/5/14 9:54 pm

All good tips Karen.......

I have tried going to bed with my stomach rumbling....but just toss and turn until I get up and have something....

I try to eat something light before bed.....max 200 calories.....and like you I have my heaviest protein at night.....I still do protein first....veg second etc.....

I get burning hunger 2-3 hours after dinner......water wont make it go away.....sometimes a few crackers and cheese....or 1 TB of PB and a wasa....will do the trick....I do like to save some calories for this....I likely am not eating enough during the day too....as of course I am trying to save for dinner and afterward when my hunger is difficult to ignore

I love Walkers fish market...you will enjoy it.....

Karen M.
on 5/5/14 11:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Night time snacking was always a HUGE issue for me pre-op. Everyone is different but I feel so much better, and in more control, about my eating choices when I have several options already prepped for me. I'm pretty certain that this "over organization" on my part has lead to a lot of my success.

If you have a fav at Walker's I'd love to know - I'm open to suggestions :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 5/5/14 9:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. I have been hungry ata lunch lately so added some veg. I need to buy some more apples. I do enjoy them.

Biking home again today. My husband took a piece of plastic off the wheel and it is moving better. I must of been rubbing even more than I thought. Queens Quay was really muddy yesterday. Came home with mud all over my coat and pants. Hope it is dry today

My kids gave my husband a smoker a couple of Christmases ago. He has wanted to try smoking a brisket so today is the day. I hope it is not dry

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries, banana

s chocolate pudding

l chili, yogurt, carrots

s pure protein bar

d brisket, salad

s laughing cow, melba

cal 1132, car 113.8, prot 88.3

kellybelly333
on 5/6/14 1:50 am - Toronto, Canada

mmmm brisket

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Sunny123
on 5/5/14 9:59 pm, edited 5/5/14 9:59 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Good morning everyone!

Have to go buy a bed for our cottage. Son took one so we will be buying a king size to replace it. We don't need king as bad anymore since I take up less room in the bed now :)

i don't have supper listed as we will be eating out. I will add it later. 

B fried egg back bacon

S premier protein shake a few strawberries because they need to be eaten up

L ham cheese roll up pickle

S Melba laughing cow light French onion

D ?

cal 578 carb 21 fat 22 protein 70

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

kristaeb
on 5/5/14 10:46 pm

Good morning Barb and everyone. Going to my support group meeting tonight. I love it, every Tuesday..Did yard work after work yesterday with some help from my grandson..Plus he loves his bottles of bubbles lol...I was thinking a year ago i would be laying in my bed after work so tired that doing any kind of yard work was out of the question. What a difference......

B- greek yogurt and tea.

S- protein bar.

L- roast chicken and green beans..

S- mixed bean salad.

D- same as lunch..

S- roasted chick peas and maybe some LF cheese and pickle..

Have a great Tuesday guys...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

GonnaBeSlim
on 5/6/14 4:04 am

Thank you so much for doing this, each day.  I recall when I had my first wls, seeing you do this and wow, 5 years later, here you still are.  I now read it, daily, so that my revision (next Tuesday!) works,  :)

G.

on 5/6/14 5:59 am - Canada

Well im 15 post op and yay!  Today I start pureed foods. Heaven im in heaven! 

B-i had 2 soda crackers and 1 tbsp of liverworst 1/4 cp of greek yogurt

L-i had 2 tbsp of Timmies chilli

S- same as lunch with 1/4cp of greek yogurt 1/3cp of protein drink

Snack- 1/3cp protein drink, 1/4cp greek yogurt

So glad im on phase 3  still finding a little hard to eat as much as the book says and trying to get all my water in. I know it will all come together one day soon.  Im down a total of 55lbs from opti and surgery so im thoroughly delighted.  :-)   Val

Most Active