What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 5/2/14 7:32 pm

RNY  5 Years 1 Month Post Op

Morning

Going to walk the golf course today..... golf course not open yet due to the tough winter......just walk....out for dinner this evening where I am going to have a glass of wine!

My physical went great yesterday......still back issues which I am going to have re-xrayed......but my labs are fantastic......other then my calcium is high so I have been asked to stop taking calcium supplements.....which scares me.......my parathyroid was high a year ago.....which meant my bones were leaching calcium from my body......now my parathyroid is back to normal but calcium on the high side......and they worry about too much calcium and heart.....so I am actually going to still take one dose until I meet with St Joes and the weight loss team in June...and confirm no calcium

I am also surprised that my B12 is great.....I have never taken a supplement for B12 yet I have great labs.....and I believe most take this supplement from the beginning....anyway, no complaints.....just so happy all looks good

STEPS - 6800.....that's why the walk today......I have been a slug the past week

EATS

B - 2-3 coffee....1 reg and rest decaf

2 poached eggs on 1 slice of WW bread

L - while walking - one honey crisp apple

1 pure protein bar

S = 2 WASA  slices

1 light laughing cow wedge

D - 1 small dinner roll

5 oz fresh grilled halibut

1/2 cup of roasted tomatoes with goat cheese

2 Teaspoons of olive oil in cooking...( assuming this)

10 oz Groth Sauvignon Blanc

S - Source dessert yogurt - 35 Caloire

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,282,  Carbs - 105 Grams,  Fat - 35 Grams,  Protein - 87 Grams

All water....all vits

Have a great one  

Sunny123
on 5/2/14 8:02 pm, edited 5/2/14 8:03 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Hi Barb

Great news from the doctors. Less vits would be so cool. I hope they figure out the back issues. I take b12 everyday.

supposed to be in a fishing tournament today but won't be going if it's raining.

b egg back bacon

s yogurt w/protein powder

l ham light Swiss pickles

s protein bar

d lasagna

cal 1033 carb 74 fat 28 protein 104

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Karen M.
on 5/2/14 9:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning :)

Glad to hear all is well with you, Barb - it's always such a relief to get good labs back. Even mine have been excellent the last couple of months, which is extremely promising and a HUGE relief to me. Off to a Kentucky Derby party this afternoon - BBQ, derby pool bets with my friends, going with my friend Andrew, fun for all. :) Eats will be nibbling on (smarter choice) apps and likely a burger and salad - that's what I'll record here.

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a few strawberries

S - 1 slice toast with 1 oz cheddar on top, sliced tomato

L - 2 Mexican crustless quiche (regular muffin size), dollop of salsa

S - cheese and crackers, veggies and dip

D - burger (likely only half), Greek salad that I'm making for the party (tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, black olives, feta, vinaigrette)

S - likely just coffee or tea

Have a great day!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 5/2/14 9:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Jeezus Barb, I just noticed that you're 5 years out - time flies, eh?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 5/2/14 10:10 pm

I know....scary eh.....the thought of keeping to my regular eating etc route for the rest of my life is comforting......life is sure good now

TanyaLH
on 5/2/14 9:45 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

11 months post op

steps 13206

Good morning,

That's good news from the Dr. Barb!

Sunny, Enjoy your fishing if it doesn't rain!

Looks like rain here today. Busy morning, dog is having a "spa day" (groomers) laundry, shopping, banking... the list goes on!

B- protein coffee, 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ diced tomato

S- pure protein bar

L- 1 cup TVP chili

D- 4 shrimp w/ 1/3 cup stir fry veggies

S- 1/3 cup greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

PepperBB
on 5/2/14 10:39 pm - Canada

Good morning all, 

Just over 6 months post op

it it has been a while since I have posted, but I have kept up my new lifestyle. My weightloss has slowed, but at this point I am okay with the slowing, I am just forging ahead as I always have. New me, new life, same outlook. 

Heres my food day!

B- protien shake mixed with blonde instand starbucks 

S- hard boiled egg and light baby bel 

L- homemade meatloaf with half cup of mashed potatoes no milk no butter (use soup broth- WW trick)

S- Greek yogurt

D- boneless skinless breaded chicken breast with green beans and mashed potatoes.

S- 5 crackers with liverworts and cut up crab.

Total calories- 703

Carbs- 54g

Fat- 24g

Protein- 68g

(this does not include my workout...cause I haven't been to the gym yet! Lol) 

Hope you all are well! 

Happy saturday!

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Patm
on 5/3/14 12:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb,

Glad your physical went well. I am having trouble getting motivated to move today. But the dog needs a walk so I am going out shortly. I am hoping some fresh air will help me get motivated to move. Contemplating riding my bike to Kensington Market but will probably just drive.

b greek yogurt, raspberries, golean crunch

l pea lentil ham soup, yogurt

d short ribs, salad with avacado and mango

cal 931, carb 89.9, prot 67.3

Most Active