st joes hamilton - next steps?

jimsbaby
on 5/2/14 8:28 am - Canada

Hi everyone. I am looking for some info. I went for my orientation at St joes in hamilton on Jan 20th and they said I would get info on visits etc in 4 to 5 months. I am hoping that means I will receive something soon.  What should I expect.  When will my visits be scheduled (right away or will it be for a month from the date of that info?). has anyone else gone through st joes hamilton recently and if so what we're the wait times.

Thanks all!

Buckeye
on 5/2/14 9:04 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

Hi, you can see my timeline in my signature...but basically its approx. 1 year from orientation to surgery...some quicker, some slower.  You should receive a letter that has your first couple of appointments.  Also, join our facebook page for the Hamilton group.  We have approx. 500 members with approx. 10-15 posts every day.

Best of luck...

jimsbaby
on 5/2/14 10:07 am - Canada

Thanks for the response. What is the Facebook group called and is it private. It sounds really helpful.

Thanks

Buckeye
on 5/2/14 10:30 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

https://www.facebook.com/groups/234277683300118/?fref=nf

Leafchick17
on 5/2/14 9:07 am
RNY on 04/14/14

Hi there!  Orientation is a good start.  My time line with St. Joes Hamilton is below.  Everyone will tell you that everyone's time line is different depending on what tests you will need.  My first appointments were 7 months after orientation.

It seems like a long time but once those appointments started they all came quickly.  They booked more than one on the same day which is nice.  Some of the tests you can arrange through your family doctor, ultrasound, Gastroscopy, sleep test.  Just make sure you know what they need to be looking for or you will have to get them done again.  

They will send a bloodwork requisition to your family doctor but you can only get that done a month before your appointment.  The nutritionist wants to see you've made changes since orientation.  If you haven't you will be asked to do certain things and then go back in a month to see them again, just stretches out the process.  Same with social worker.  

Honestly the longest wait for me was to get those first appointments, once that happened I was there every 2-3 weeks fr the next ones.  

There are great people on here with great advice, a few from Hamilton. Good luck!!

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

CassieM
on 5/4/14 12:51 am - St.Thomas, Canada

Hi there!

I had my orientation in November and got that call in March that my first appointments are Aug 8th. I have had all my tests done (minus the bloodwork cause its too soon). 

Most Active