Back here!

Stonelady
on 4/29/14 4:31 am - Canada

Much water has passed under the bridge since my surgery four years ago.   I lost 90 lbs, 30 of which has returned.  Much 'stress eating'...  My Mother moved in with us and then died last month, daughter unwell, MIL with dementia, pressured job.   Those aren't 'excuses' --- they were life tensions, and I responded using old patterns.   I have been off work with an unrelated health issue, but return tomorrow.   For the past three weeks, I have been intentionally 'getting back' to post RNY eating, being intentional about protein, water, vitamins, etc.   I was "done" at St. Joe's in Hamilton, and have missed 2 years worth of appointments.     Has anyone else done that and then climbed back on the wagon with them?

Catw
on 4/29/14 5:03 am - Arnprior, Canada

I haven't done this yet, but I'd call them.  I remember something about being with them for 5 years.  See if you can talk to the APN, he/she would tell you who all you should see and may suggest some blood work, just to see where you are at.

I'm sorry that your journey has been so rocky, and wish you well.

Cathy

Stonelady
on 4/29/14 5:05 am - Canada

Thanks, Cathy. What or who is the APN?  I don't think I have heard those initials before.

Catw
on 4/29/14 5:40 am - Arnprior, Canada

The APN is the nurse practictioner (not sure the exact name but it's a nurse that can do diagnoses and write some prescritions).  I'm not sure who is at your clinic but if you ask at the reception I'm sure they can direct you.

Cathy

Patm
on 4/29/14 6:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You also might consider some counseling to help you with the issues that made you go back to old patterns. Hope you are able to get back on track

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/29/14 9:14 am - Windsor, Canada

The last six years for me have been much the same.  Fall off track, get back on the wagon and back with the weight loss yoyo. 

You are absolutely human and it's easy to go back to old comfort of food.  Try not to beat yourself up.  Set a new goal, talk to anyone at your bariatric centre if you need them, go back to a support group and refocus, check in here more often,...do whatever you need to do. 

Our journey never ends.  Many of us suck at mastering perfection. Lol.

take care, 

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

highlandbear
on 4/29/14 11:40 am - Canada

Give them a call and ask to set up an appointment with the social worker. You will still be in there system. Start with her and she will help you get back on track and if you need to see anyone else  she will help set you up. You are human and you are doing the right thing. Catch it now before it gets totally out of control

Most Active