Leftover Optifast

Silverlake1975
on 4/29/14 12:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/19/12

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any leftover Optifast in the chocolate flavour that they are looking to unload?  My husband is on the surgery list and is nervous about the shakes...He wanted to get a feel for what they taste like etc...

Thanks in advance!

Caroline K.
on 4/29/14 2:18 am

I just had surgery last week. To me, they tasted like boxed cake mix batters. They were okay so long as you could doctor them up with with decaf instant coffee, essence of peppermint, or sugar-free syrups like Torani. I sure needed the cup of broth we're allowed by Guelph at the end of the day though. Sorry, can't help you with leftovers.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Silverlake1975
on 4/29/14 2:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/19/12

Thanks for the reply.  Congrats on your surgery!

Caroline K.
on 4/29/14 6:30 am

Thanks! So far, so good. Apart from an occasional nap, I'm feeling good & haven't needed the Percocet, just some extra strength Tylenol. Make sure they don't rub the spot where they inject the blood thinner; I've got some wicked bruises the size of a clenched fist.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

gonna_B_thinner
on 4/29/14 6:01 am

I just bought my optifast last week and I asked about using the sugarfree syrups and the nurse said to stay away from those and stressed not to use them.  The instant decaf coffee and the essence of peppermint are ok.  I am going through Guelph as well.  You might want to ask to make sure your centre allows the syrups.  Good luck with trying them.   They also stressed to make sure I drink enough water while taking them or they will be like "cement" inside.   

GonnaBeSlim
on 4/29/14 3:04 am

Started mine today, and honestly having a very hard time with the taste.  They're okay super super cold, but then, at least for me.... Blech!

Silverlake1975
on 4/29/14 3:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/19/12

I personally could only tolerate them when mixed with cold, Decaf coffee! So I hear ya!  Best of luck with the rest of your shakes.  Hopefully someone out there has some leftovers!

TiffanyandCo
on 4/29/14 7:00 am - Canada

I'm on week 2 and I hate the optifast... I can only bring myself to drunk 2 a day, 3 if I push myself. 

Poppios
on 4/29/14 8:38 am
I'm on day 23 of Optifast and I find the best way is to just add extra water and just pound it back. I did the flavours and adding ice and I found it made me take longer to drink them and I would get the after taste. I try to have the chocolate done in 2-3 minutes and vanilla in 5. (I dislike them both, but the Vanilla is harder on my to get down)
Hanneli xoxo
on 4/29/14 10:20 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I did not want to try it before I had to only to find out I didn't like it. When it was time, I had no choice.. I wanted to go into it blindly since it didnt matter if I liked them or not :)

Most Active