What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

kellybelly333
on 4/27/14 11:51 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning all,

Back from the cruise. Reality sucks. I feel funny, like i'm still on the ship. This was my fourth cruise, and I never felt the ship before (which is odd because it's the biggest ship in the world). Anyhow, My eats were way off, but I exercised like crazy. I love being so active. I biked up a mountain in St. Maarten, and only two others and I made it without walking (the two others have completed full ironman races!) I was so proud I cried a bit. Ross had to get off and walk it....that amazed me too, he's always been a sporty guy! Anyhow, that was my big NSV. 

Today, i'm not really sure what i'll be able to eat and do. Just had my goat yogurt mix, and it's sitting there like a lump.

Anyone else have dizzy issues from cruising?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 4/28/14 12:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

A cruise sounds fabulous, so glad you had a good time! Congrats on the NSVs - you must be amazed with yourself. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

libra1
on 4/28/14 12:23 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

You guys are amazing! Thank you for your support! It means a lot to me.

Onward and
Downward

on 4/28/14 12:47 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone!  Hope you all have a great start to your week today.

I spent all weekend cooking instead of doing the stuff I was procrastinating doing, such as cleaning the house and doing laundry in prep for a party we're having at our place this coming Sunday. Not so great - it means I have to do it in the evenings this week. Also needed to study for a test I have to take this week for a temporary job competition, and did I do that? Nope, doing that tonight, I guess. But I got lots of great stuff in the freezer, and made my husband fall in love with me all over again so that was a bonus. LOL.  Amazing how home-cooked food does that - it's a stereotype, but true, and it works the other way around too - he made me breakfast a couple of days last week just the way I like it, and I felt like he was the best man on the planet. Which of course he is.

Today - rode my bike to work, will be riding it home (22 km total) and then I'm spending some quality time with my computer tonight doing that studying.

17 MONTHS POST-RNY - MAINTENANCE

B - 1 egg, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 piece of toasted P28 bread

S - 1/2 cup of ricotta/vanilla/stevia mix, topped with slices of 1 small banana, 1/4 cup berries, and 3/4 oz peanuts (the peanuts are a new innovation I discovered yesterday - OMG is it good, makes it taste like a banana split).

L - 3/4 cup leftover chickpea curry on 1/4 cup basmati rice, 1 serving of okra raita with it, and 1 clementine

S - 85g Yin Yang Soyfood snack tofu, 1 clementine

D - Not quite sure - haven't figured this out yet.  Might do another Thai chili basil shrimp stirfry since that has been a favourite with me lately - I seem to be on a jag with it and my husband loves it too.  I'll have a scant 1/4 cup of rice noodles with it as well.

S - Maybe a Quest bar (or half of one - I'll count a whole one just in case) if I have a craving for something sweet tonight.

TOTALS: 99g protein, 71g fat, 142g carbs, 34g fiber, 1493 calories 

Okay, this is a stupid number of carbs, "net carbs" notwithstanding, so I might skip the noodles and rice - I don't mind getting high carbs from fruit, veggies and legumes, so I'm not cutting those out. But I'll leave the rice and noodles in my totals in case I end up eating them after all. Just might be one of those days, especially with cycling.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Zizzler
on 4/28/14 8:21 am, edited 4/28/14 8:21 am

I am pre-op

Just got back from walking the dogs and enjoying the sunshine.

B - cottage cheese mixed with 1 peach source sf greek yogurt (my new favourite flavour)

S - 1 strawberry source sf greek yogurt

L - beef chilli, chicken soup, a bun

S - 1 light babybel with 4 crackers

D - homemade lentils and onions (yum!)

S - more of the lentils and onions

drink: decaf coffee, sf cherry koolade, nesfruta banana strawberry

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active