Opurity multivitamin chewables at Ottawa Civic?

Zizzler
on 4/19/14 6:21 am

Well, I found the Wellesse from my previous post, and have my B12 strips ready to go too. yay!  However, I am having a heck of a time finding a chewable or liquid multivitamin with 18mg of iron per pill.  My meal planner from pre-op lists only 2 options: Opurity and Spectrum 22.  Well, after looking around like crazy for the Spectrum 22 I found out it is not longer being made.  Rats!  So the only other multivitamin I know of that meets this criteria is the opurity, which is only available in the states apparently.  However, I saw an older post from 2 years ago that stated that the pharmacy at the Ottawa Civic sells the opurity chewables multivitamins for 42 dollar for 3 months worth?  Does anyone know if this is still correct?  I could also buy the iron separately and take a regular multi, but I would like to avoid that if possible and keep it as simple as I can.  If anyone has any ideas about other brands that are readily available that I have missed please let me know.  I am looking at only liquids and chewables at this point in preparation for after surgery.  Thank you for any advice you can offer as I am getting pretty frustrated! 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/14 6:33 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi,

I ordered the states.  If you get the multi you do not need additional B12 or iron as it is included.  The Calcium has a mixture of vitamin D also.  I did not see them at the hospital...something about the language issues.

You can order them online.

They have awesome shakes to.

Regards,

Kelly

Zizzler
on 4/19/14 6:43 am

Oh that is too bad about it not being at the civic.  I have been to their website and their products looks great but I a concerned about the shipping and duty costs involved.  What was your experience with that?  thank you for answering, I really appreciate it.

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/14 11:04 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I ordered 130 of product and had to pay 28$ duty.  But the multi vitamins were only 35 and the other was approx 15$.  overall not bad

Zizzler
on 4/19/14 3:32 pm

Checked out the website and ordered one bottle of the multivitamin and 1 of the calcium.  Shipping etc. was 18 dollars but glad to have that arranged now.

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/14 11:11 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Opurity Bypass and sleeve optimized multivitamins.  Unjury.com

regards,

KELLY

on 4/19/14 9:29 am - Canada

What are the names of the multi vitamin you ordered and where did you order them from?

LilyBugsMommy
on 4/19/14 6:48 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Hi Zizzler, you can just use the Jamieson calcium chews for the first 3 months post-op. After that you need to switch over to the calcium citrate. They don't carry the Opurity in Canada but you can order online if you want.

I used Opurity for about 6 months then changed over to One-A-Day Women's 50+ (2per day). It has the 18mg of iron. When I was using the Opurity my B12 was low because I wasn't absorbing enough from the chewable. Keep that in mind when using a chewable multi. Now I use a sublingual B12.

Everyday I take 2 multis, my calcium with extra Vit D3 & 1000 B12. This amount of these vitamins keep my levels good and I feel good. Otherwise, I feel really drained.

Good luck!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Zizzler
on 4/19/14 6:59 am

I bought Wellesse and Webber liquids for the calcium with vitamin D, so I am all set for at least a month after surgery.  I might use the chews too, especially once I start back at work - they seem more portable than the liquid.  Bough the B12 strips, is that what you mean? Too bad they don't carry the opurity multivitamins anymore at the Civic, that would have been handy....

otmama
on 4/19/14 8:59 am
RNY on 04/30/14

I just ordered the opurity multi & calcium - I bought 1 bottle of the optimized multi (3mnths worth) & 3 bottles of calcium (also equals out to 3mnths) - total cost was $95.80 (including $18 shipping).  There were no other costs:)

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

Most Active