Acute gas pain

Ottawa34
on 4/18/14 10:18 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hello .... I'm 3 yrs out from RNY and have been experiencing the worst gas pains I've ever had.  On  my way into work this morning, it was particularly worrisome since I'd just had and endoscopy this past Wednesday and was worried that something might have been perforated.   However 1hr after taking gas meds it has since passed to a dull pain that I can tolerate.

I'm wondeing if others are having more acute painful gas pain post RNY.  Most of the time I'm unable to move, too painful to move -  If I can for a minute be a drama queen, it feels like i'm about to die!

I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend !

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Leanne1
on 4/18/14 10:32 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Do you still have your gall bladder? That can be a painful, debilatating, gasy time. The pain can last a little while then it goes away. 

Try to track you food/beverage intake and see when it's happening. If the pain gets tooooo bad, I would be going to emerge (where you had your gastric bypass if you can) they will run some tests and hopefully get it sorted out

Good luck. Have a good rest of your weekend :-)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Zizzler
on 4/18/14 11:05 pm

I am pre-op but I have had this type of extreme pain.  I have my gallbladder out already so I know it is not that.  Went to emergency once it was so bad I was unable to function.  They ran blood tests and they all came back normal, which was a relief.  I was on a high protein low carb diet with very little fibre, so I decided to add fibre to my diet and I was feeling better quite quickly. Maybe you could ask you centre what types of fibre they recommend?  If you are experiencing that much pain then I would go to the centre where you had the operation if possible.  If you cannot then call your centre and see what they recommend.  I know this can be excruciatingly painful, almost as bad as a gallbladder attack in my opinion.  Hope you get this sorted soon - let us know how things work out.

Most Active