FitBit!

michellecowles
on 4/16/14 11:58 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

Well.. after many days of researching the pros and cons of all the activity trackers I have come to the conclusion that the FitBit will work best for me! I have ordered one, but unfortunately the colour I purchased is on back order for the next 6 weeks (it will be here in time for my surgery). I've heard so many great thinigs about the fitbit on this forum so I thought I'd give it a shot! Looks like a great product :) 

I've also started using the MyFitnessPal app, so if any of you have a username feel free to add me! My username is: emcee1992 

-Michelle

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

hibbyangel
on 4/17/14 12:03 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

added you on MFP :) I am hibbyangel. I bought a flex a few weeks ago at sportcheck. LOVE it..but I am all about the numbers :)

~Brittany

michellecowles
on 4/17/14 12:22 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

yep i got the flex too! Wanted the hot pink one, and I couldn't find any stores that actually carried the pink so I'm gonna have to wait for it.. but im fine with that ! 

I'm definitely a numbers person too! I was looking at the fitbit scale.. looks pretty cool! It calculates your BMI and fat % ! For the price to do all of that it's really not bad! 

-Michelle 

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

KerryF.
on 4/17/14 1:58 am, edited 4/17/14 1:59 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I have the FitBit scale (Aria) and I love it!! first time in my life the scale actually told me it's batteries were low and I wasn't getting an accurate reading changed the batteries and promptly got a notification saying batteries need changing every six months  and I'm 6 months post op so they were pretty accurate with how long they last. and it sync's to my fitbit and all information for me is in one place  my daily food journal weight loss sleep measured and my steps. Love this whole system.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Jiliana2
on 4/17/14 1:54 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I bought Hubby a Fitbit Flex a couple of weeks ago for his birthday. I had the opportunity to try it out this week. It told me that I don't sleep nearly enough (averaging less than 5 hours per night) and that I get between 9000 and 10,000 steps in per day (on the days when I manage to get to the gym). Not bad. I've asked Hubby to return the favour and buy me one for my birthday in May.

I wanted hot pink too! Hmm, if it's on backorder, I might just have to order it now so it can actually be available for my birthday at the end of May! YAY for Fitbits!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

michellecowles
on 4/17/14 2:45 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

yes! Definitely order it now! It's estimating mine to be here at the end of may / first week of june :) 

And he definitely should buy you one! 

And that is amazing about the scale! It seems like it is pretty accurate.. especially if it is telling you to change the batteries! The scale i have right now is digital but definitely not as cool as the aria :) Also it's very wonky... ill get on it and it says one number.. i get off.. get back on and it's a 10 lb difference! 

Solstice
on 4/17/14 11:01 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

I was shopping around online and saw that Walmart Canada has a banner stating that Fitbit is coming soon!

http://www.walmart.ca/search/fitbit

For those who love to go to stores instead of shopping online 

Solstice

KerryF.
on 4/17/14 11:41 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

they are also in all Best Buy and Future Shop stores already.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Sassy75
on 4/18/14 9:09 am - North York, Canada

Are they like a watch? Wear on your wrist? I have been reading about them and they seem great.... $100 approx so I want to make sure it actually does what it claims too. I have sleep apnea so would be very interested in the sleep monitoring aspect. 

michellecowles
on 4/18/14 9:51 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

its kinda like a watch.. and yes you wear it on your wrist! The main thing I like about it, is that it doesnt have a screen, but it will still sync to your phone so that you can see all the updates. I like the no screen idea just because it looks like a bracelet, very discreet! I don't have sleep apnea, but I too am interested to see how i sleep! I think it would be great for someone that does have sleep apnea just to see if their c-pap machine is working properly, or if you are not getting enough sleep, etc.. 

Also, I've been looking at stores to go in and buy one but I want the pink one! And it seems like the stores only carry the black and slate coloured ones :( Which is why I ordered it online.

Most Active