6 month update

htownmom
on 4/15/14 6:06 am - Ancaster, Canada

I don’t post often but wanted to share my 6 month update as it was people’s successes and victories that kept me sane while I waited the almost year and a half for my surgery date to arrive!

I was on a cruise last week so I am a little late with the update (RNY surgery was October 4th) this trip highlighted just how different my life is now. I started at 260 and I’m 5’3”. I am down 90 pounds so far, I wear a size 10-12, medium shirts, and a bathing suit in public! I would like to lose another 30 which will bring me to the normal bmi range. There have been too many NSV to mention them all so I will just talk about those that happened on my cruise last week. I took surfing lessons (and actually stood up and surfed 3 times, the only person in my group that got upright!!), I did a ropes course and zip lining, I sang karaoke in front of hundreds of people, danced every single night, walked the stairs, did all 5 waterslides, and wore a 2 piece bathing suit! Did I indulge on the cruise? Yes, more than normal. But I still ate protein forward, and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I came home 1 pound lighter so I am very happy with that.

I have been very lucky to have had no issues so far, I track my eating through my fitness pal so I don’t get off course, I exercise a few times a week (usually a Zumba class and treadmill, I need to add in some weight training still). Labs were all good at the 6 month appointment, they are happy with my progress as am I! This board is fantastic, I have gathered so much valuable information and insight over the past 2 years.

Carla

beargirl
on 4/15/14 6:24 am - Canada
RNY on 10/09/13

Congrats!! I am six months out as well and down 78 lbs. I had surgery October 9th ib Hamilton so we are a week apart. Very close starting weight as well. I am 5' 4" and started at 267 lbs. Caught between a 14 and 12 right now. Contemplating working up the muster to wear a swimsuit in public this summer. Looking forward to playing baseball this summer without all the huffing and puffing. Again congratulations on your success be proud! 

on 4/15/14 7:14 am - Canada

That is a great update!  Im so glad that you had a wonderful cruise.  It sounds like you have done remarkably well.  Im having my RNY done on Tuesday the 22nd in St Josephs in Toronto. I hope I am as successful as you are.  Thanks for the the lovely update.  :-)  Val

Jiliana2
on 4/15/14 9:42 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

What a wonderful update. Congratulations on the loss of 90 lbs; that's pretty significant and definitely something to be proud of!

We love to cruise as well and I always WANT to participate in so many activities but my weight holds me back. Some of the things you just did on this cruise, I hope to try when our family takes a Disney Cruise in about 2 years (for my parents' 50th anniversary). Looks like you did all the things you wanted to, and then some! AND came home 1 lb lighter than you left! EXCELLENT!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Most Active