What are you doing/eating today ( Monday)

birdiegirl
on 4/13/14 7:35 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

Meeting my trainer this morning for some weights......still modified due to my back issues.....then chores for the rest of the day.

STEPS - well over 10,000

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 3 oz beef tenderloin

L - ham-pickle and cheese roll ups

D - Chicken Thai crunch salad with added avocado

S - skinny cow fudgesicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,360,  Carbs - 85 Grams,  Fat - 66 Grams,  Protein - 97 Grams

All water and vits

Have  a great one  

libra1
on 4/13/14 8:35 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 201.0 lbs, Total Loss - 84.4 lbs

Good morning everyone!

I’m looking forward to 2 short work weeks and spending time with family. My goal is to hit “ONEderland” by next Monday --- let’s hope my body has the same goal!

Today’s menu is ...

B- Oatmeal, ground flaxseed and cinnamon and coffee

L- 1% FF cottage cheese & diced raw vegetables

Snack- Skinny latte

S- Extra lean minced turkey and diced tomatoes

Snack- Greek yogurt

Cal-646, Carbs-59, Fat-8, Protein-74, Sugar-25, Chol-106

birdiegirl
on 4/13/14 11:53 pm

Good goal....and it will be a big moment for you

Sunny123
on 4/13/14 9:20 pm, edited 4/13/14 9:22 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

4 Months +

Wishing you fast healing Barb. Keep up the good work, you will feel better for it.

So I lost $10 to my boss, he picked Bubba for the win. My guy Adam Scott was picked mostly for his good looks and sexy accent – guess that doesn’t count in golf!!

Steps 14,267 – my personal best!

Did my measurements today as it’s the 14th. Seem to be losing it mostly off the hips and thighs this month – I have no issues with that! I dug a pair of size 16 jeans out of the Rubbermaid bin and thought – try them on and see how far you have to go to get in them (I am out of pants) – um – they fit…yeah chubby Jo in size 16 jeans. I was wearing 22s four short months ago. They are brand new bought years ago when I was 'going to get my act together and lose weight.'

B- premier protein

S- fat free cottage cheese turkey pepperette

Lunch – tuna salad and melba

S- greek yogurt, fresh strawberries loaded with protein powder

Dinner – chicken breast, salad balsamic dressing

FITNESS PAL Calories 814 Carbs 41 Fat 14 Protein 121

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 4/13/14 11:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on getting into the pants. It is such a great moment when smaller things start to fit

birdiegirl
on 4/13/14 11:51 pm

Great re the pants Jo......start wearing them because soon they will also be too big!

Onward and
Downward

on 4/13/14 9:37 pm, edited 4/13/14 9:37 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb, hope you have a good day. Jo, it's really smart to do your measurements as well as the scale. I never did that and I kind of regret it - I have no idea how many inches I was before!  I just started measuring them a few weeks ago just to make sure I stay on track now.  Whoop**** post before I posted anything!

I made a chicken biryani last night that turned out great. For me, it was heavy on the chicken, light on the rice, and that worked out.  Next time I think I'll put a lot more chicken in it than the recipe calls for, so that when I scoop more chicken and less rice, there will be more chicken in the leftovers.  But hubby likes both the rice and the chicken, so I've made myself some good portions for the freezer, and there is still enough left for him take for lunch today.  Made a delicious raita to go on the side as well, out of Greek yogurt.  However, it's rather high in fat even though I used fat free Greek yogurt because of the oil the recipe called for. Next time, I will use a lot less.

Tonight I think I'll make another recipe from my Thai cookbook - some kind of curry.  I'll do it with chicken, I guess, and serve it over rice noodles. Fewer noodles for me and more curry, and hubby can have as many noodles as he likes.  Today's going to be kind of heavy on the fat for me, but I'm cycling to and from work, so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I find I get very hungry on cycling days, so I try to eat stuff that's substantial, satisfying, has a decent amount of energy but not too unhealthy.

17 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 slice of P28 bread

S - Ricotta/vanilla/stevia mix with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, and a clementine for later in the morning

L - A little under 1 cup of leftover biryani, heavy on the meat, light on the rice, with 1/4 cup raita on the side, and some sliced cucumbers

S - 3 tbsps peanuts mixed with 1 tbsp reduced sugar craisins, 1 clementine for some point in the afternoon, and some bell pepper sticks to munch on if I feel like it.

D - 3/4 cup of Thai chicken curry (no time to input my recipe so just took a generic one - will try to make mine lower fat and higher protein by putting more chicken in) over 1/4 cup rice noodles

S - 1 cup of skim milk

TOTALS: 96g protein, 64g fat, 108 carbs, 16g fiber, 1342 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Sunny123
on 4/13/14 9:53 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Thanks! Yes, I find it gets me through the slow scale weeks. I've lost 9" off my waist, 7" off my bust (bra cup size the same), 10" off my hips. My neck went from 17 - to 14.5 ...crazy!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 4/13/14 11:54 pm

I love Thai food......your menu looks great

hibbyangel
on 4/13/14 10:32 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

just a few days off 9 months out, -93lbs

B- coffee, protein cereal and milk

s- premier protein shake

L- no idea yet

s- greek yogurt

D- left over chicken and cauliflower (with garlic and a sprinkle of cheese)

s- not sure if I will have one, but probably more yogurt or something protein. 

just gearing up for a run before winter makes a return tonight..hope to get in 5k. Then I am off to work for the afternoon. All vits and ample water :)

Most Active