Blood Work - at Toronto Western?

Emjaye
on 4/9/14 10:34 am - Canada

Does anyone know what the hours are for the Toronto Western Hospital lab for getting blood work done for 6 month follow up appointment?  The lab at my doc's office doesn't open til 9 am and I was hoping to go somewhere else for 8 am ish and not have to miss any work time.  Any suggestions?

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

Patm
on 4/9/14 11:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

To use TWH, you need to make arrangements through the Bariatric Unit before you go there. Not sure why but I was told you can't just walk in

Emjaye
on 4/10/14 9:49 am - Canada

Do you mean you have to have a requisition from the Bariatric Unit?  (I have that) or do you mean some additional arrangements?

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

bgodfrey
on 4/10/14 8:40 am - Canada

Have you looked at Lifelabs at www.lifelabs.com .  They have labs in different parts of the city and province and some have early hours.  I am not sure where you are coming from but the website has a map.  All you need is your lab requisition and healthcard. Just keep in mind most labs can be busy early in the morning because some people need to fast overnight and want to get their blood work early.  Lifelabs also has weekend hours.    I know because I sometimes go to different lifelabs to have my bloodwork depending on if I am at work or at home. 

barbara

Emjaye
on 4/10/14 9:50 am - Canada

Thanks for the web'dress - this is a great option, especially the locations with Saturday hours.

Most Active