cheating on Opti ?

Buddy13
on 4/5/14 1:05 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/17/14

LOL

highlandbear
on 4/5/14 12:51 pm - Canada

You have said what I have felt for a very long time. You cheat than you are not committed to this surgery. I feel if people need to cheat than maybe they should wait until they are truly ready for it. Optifast was the easy part. The longer you are out the harder it becomes. 

highlandbear
on 4/5/14 12:52 pm - Canada

You have said what I have felt for a very long time. You cheat than you are not committed to this surgery. I feel if people need to cheat than maybe they should wait until they are truly ready for it. Optifast was the easy part. The longer you are out the harder it becomes. 

Buddy13
on 4/5/14 12:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/17/14

Yes I totally agree with you

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/14 9:45 am, edited 4/5/14 9:47 am

Agreed Birdie.... Also no one was jumping the gun, you asked so we answered, I have seen this question on here before. There is always a reason why it is asked and its usually either they are tempted to cheat or have cheated and want to make themselves feel better. Also 3 weeks is hard but not overly seeing you have  to practice this the rest of your life if you are committed. You wanted to stir the pot ... so here you go.

providence
on 4/5/14 11:09 am
RNY on 03/20/14

Hi Buddy, I had a very difficult time with three weeks of Optifast. One thing I have wondered is why the Ottawa clinic requires 3 weeks of Optifast while others are only 2 weeks? I found the three weeks almost torturous, and I am very committed to this process. While I didn't cheat, can't say I wasn't tempted on a couple of my darker days as well as being very sick one day and having to leave work early. I was very bound up the whole time despite taking the Metamucil. It is one of those things like Buckley's Cough Syrup, "tastes bad but it works". I will admit that doing the Opti for the 3 weeks did help to prepare me for post-operative life (so far). Hang in there, although you are a man I would explain it to be something like child birth...It is "painful" for awhile and then when you are done you are done...it will be a distant memory in your journey towards better health. :)

on 4/5/14 11:25 am - Canada

Toronto put me on 4 wks I think it depends on your weight and your surgeon.

Buddy13
on 4/5/14 1:02 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/17/14

Totally agree

Zizzler
on 4/5/14 11:10 pm

Ottawa everyone does at least 3 weeks we were told at the pre-op class, regardless of weight.

Buddy13
on 4/5/14 1:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/17/14

People are assuming that I asked the question, so I could justify me going astray.   NOT TRUE. No intention of doing anything to put all this at risk. couldn't agree more, tastes awful but it works, love that well said

Most Active