Revision

KatVanD
on 4/5/14 10:36 pm - Brussels, Canada

Anyone had a revision in Ontario?  I'm looking into it and would like to talk with someone who has had it done!

*~Kat~*

KenGaus
on 4/7/14 6:30 am - Kitchener, Canada

Sorry Kat, cant help you, YET.

But if you ask me in a week or so from now, I will tell you. My revision is scheduled for April 15 at 8:00 AM.

My doctor is Dr. Hagen, apparently, the king of doing revisions.

I hope so anyway.

Take care

Ken Gaus

HW 400, CW 295 Referral Spring 2013 - Info Session 9-30-13 - DW, SW, appts 11-28-13 PATTS 3-20-14 Surgery 4-15-14

KatVanD
on 4/7/14 8:56 am - Brussels, Canada

Oh! I have so many questions!

How long since your first time? What was the process like to get approved for the revision? What's the wait time like? Where did you have it done the first time?  How did you get the process started for the revision?

Good luck with it!

*~Kat~*

KenGaus
on 4/8/14 2:03 am - Kitchener, Canada

Thanks Kat

I had my stomach staple about 25-30 years ago. It was not done properly and the lack of support and fallow up was a recipe for disaster.

The process is the same for anyone regardless of it's a revision or an original surgery. Your family doctor will refer you and you have to go through the same process, but if you tell your doctor that it is a revision they may refer you directly to Dr. Hagen whom I am told is the best and most experienced at doing revisions. My wait has been similar to most peoples, it has been 1.5 - 2 years since my referral (at the time of surgery).

Thanks for the good wishes, I am getting nervous now, only 6 days until the surgery and going through Opti is the hardest thing I have ever done and has not been perfect but I am trying my best.

Good luck in your journey, it's a hell of a ride.

HW 400, CW 295 Referral Spring 2013 - Info Session 9-30-13 - DW, SW, appts 11-28-13 PATTS 3-20-14 Surgery 4-15-14

dolce1968
on 4/8/14 3:41 am

Wishing you luck!  I too am a revision referral from Dr Hagen directly.  Had my stomach stapled about the same time at St Josephs Hospital, Toronto.  Lost some weight but not what I was supposed to.  Regained it all and still experience alot of discomfort and throwing up.  I have seen Dr H in early March, got my second referral forwarded to TWH which was transferred to HRRH (that's where Dr H is) and am waiting for my orientation.

Please let me know how it goes.

Laura

Most Active