What are you doing/eating today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 4/3/14 7:29 pm, edited 4/3/14 7:31 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

Meeting my trainer for weights this morning......golf tournament begins this afternoon......hot and humid here so will drink plenty of fluids....I also sip on  a watered down orange juice for some potassium while golfing in the heat...after golf they serve chicken wings and beer.....so I will enjoy a few with my friends

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 2 scrambled eggs

L - ham-cheese and pickle on an Arnolds whole wheat thin

S - 8 oz OJ over lots of ice

Smuckers uncrustables P/B and Jelly

D - 5 chicken wings

1 Michelob ultra low carb beer

S - skinny cow fudgesicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,513,  Carbs - 127 grams,  Fat - 46 grams,  Protein - 120 grams

All water...all vits

Have a great one  

Onward and
Downward

on 4/3/14 10:01 pm, edited 4/3/14 10:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good morning! Enjoy your golf tournament!

178 this morning. Wow, getting my head together (for the most part) around my eating and weight seems to have had a good effect on me, LOL. :) Here I came to a decision that if I stay at 180 forever, I'll be happy with that (and I meant it!) and here I go and lose two lbs. Well, no complaints. I will also be happy at whatever weight I land at below 180 too.

Today: work, and the folks in my area of the office are all getting new, ergonomic work stations that are designed with our work in mind. I'm happy about that because in addition to my admin duties, I ship a lot of materials out and do a lot of box packing. So I'll have more space to do that. But today (and yesterday, actually) it means a lot of disruption as the new desks are put in and we move our stuff back onto them.  No biking to work today, because it's supposed to rain.  

After work, hubby and I are going to the Prince Edward County area to visit family. It's been a while since we've been there - I think the last time might have been at Christmas! Way too long. So I'm looking forward to that. Will probably visit a winery or two while we're there, because why not? 

Oh, had my appointment with Dr. Cyriac yesterday regarding what we thought might be gallstones. He says that they had no evidence of them on the CT scan or ultrasound, but he wants to do a scope to ensure there are no ulcers. He thinks it might just have been what he called "sludge" in my gallbladder.  So I have a scope booked for July. Not looking forward to that, but happy that I don't have to have gallbladder surgery, at least not at this point.

17 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil with 1 piece P28 toast

S - 1 slice P28 bread with 1 oz Dubliner Irish cheese

L - 1 serving homemade mostly meat lasagna

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/stevia mix with 1/4 cup mixed berries and 1/2 banana sliced up into it

D - Homemade beef stew (didn't end up eating it yesterday, had something else for supper)

S - Pure protein bar for the road

TOTALS: 117g protein, 68g fat, 97 carbs, 18g fiber, 1514 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

kellybelly333
on 4/3/14 11:15 pm - Toronto, Canada

Sludge will often turn into stones over time. My doc called it pre-stones. Life was much easier when I had mine out, but like  you said, no surgery for now is a good thing. But if pain starts coming more often than not, advocate to get it out. It gets pretty horrendous!

Congrats on being in the 170's You're getting all skinny!! :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 4/4/14 12:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you gall bladder does not have to come out at present. The weight loss is probably due to all the bike riding you are doing. Your route is a lot of exercise.

Sunny123
on 4/3/14 10:19 pm, edited 4/3/14 10:20 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months +

Hope the tournament goes well Barb, enjoy your day! Got part way through my treadmill and realized I didn’t have my fitbit on – oops!

Steps – 12115

B- activia greek yogurt vanilla protein powder

S- hummus, melba

Lunch –ham cheese roll up with pickle

S- pepperette, babybel cheese light

Dinner –TVP chili crackers

FITNESS PAL Calories 920 Carbs 77 Fat 26 Protein 91

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

kellybelly333
on 4/3/14 11:17 pm - Toronto, Canada

Started a run yesterday without mine (and turned back to get it). Wore it for the first time swimming, got a few thousand steps logged, which is interesting. Must be from kicking?

What are TVP chili crackers?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Sunny123
on 4/3/14 11:21 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

It's texturized vegetable protein. I make chili with it. Having 3 soda crackers with it!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

kellybelly333
on 4/3/14 11:12 pm - Toronto, Canada

mmmm wings (not a fan of beer, so you can keep that to yourself). I could eat a pound of wings. I did after my marathon. They were way too easy to eat too, so a very once in awhile treat. Enjoy!!!!

kellybelly333
on 4/3/14 11:54 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning, 

I ran 5k this morning and spinning at lunch. Tomorrow is a two hour bike ride!! Gah! Tough workouts for my training this week. I swam in a different pool yesterday (without my Coach yelling at me....lol) and my eye was red and swollen after from the chlorine. It's still not better today, and I can't see properly out of it! Hope that changes soon. 

3 years post RNY

B: Grape skin bread (Queen Street) peanut butter (post run), 

S: Quest Bar

L: turkey wrap (whole wheat dempsters, for those reading this new out, I did't start adding bread until after goal)

S: goat yogurt mix

D: Chicken and kale salad

Totals CAL: 1,096 Carbs: 59 Fat: 56 Protein: 128 Fibre: 33 Sugar: 9

Patm
on 4/4/14 12:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might want to invest in a good pair of goggles. I find a lot of pools annoy my eyes

Most Active