Opti-Scoots....

losingtowin
on 4/2/14 10:56 pm

Ok so I started opti yesterday, and here's what I've found.....

1.  Lost FIVE pounds since yesterday....likely water, but I'll take it!

2.  Not nearly as hungry as I thought I'd be.  

3. I can tolerate the taste...

BUT

4. Holy opti scoots!  (I made up the term....also acceptable are opti poops, opti trots and opti explosive diarrhea )

anyone else have this problem?  Did it go away, or do I need to invest I some Depends for the next three weeks?

Patm
on 4/2/14 10:58 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Opti trots are pretty common. Try adding benfibre or metimucil sugar free to the mix. It will help a bit.

And never never trust a fart

losingtowin
on 4/2/14 11:51 pm

Haha....sound advice, Patm!!!!

sarag73
on 4/3/14 12:28 am

Hey Opti/surgery buddy!

I had a few optitrots/scoots yesterday but only in the morning. I drank lots of water so I think that helped. I also lost 5 pounds of water weight since yesterday, thats ok with me too..lol

Im tolerating it as well, adding flavours certainly helps. Wish I could have a bit more extra cals, 20 isnt a lot! I really want some veggies! Oh well 20 more days to go. I found adding some savory herbs to my chicken broth really helped. It was kind of like Thanksgiving dinner.

What I didnt like was up ALL night peeing..

Orientation: December 2012 ~ Met Surgeon: Jan 9/2014 Surgery date:April 23rd/2014 Ottawa ~ Started Opti: April 2/2014 ~Opti starting weight April 2/2014: 271.4lbs~Pre surgical appointment: April 10/2014 ~Surgery weight TBA    

losingtowin
on 4/3/14 12:34 am

Good to hear I'm not in the boat alone!  I love the idea of adding herbs, I'm going to try that!

Tina G.
on 4/3/14 3:38 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Well I started opti on Mon and I am now on day 4 last night I was hungry but it passed.. as far as opti trots I thought I was the queen of the trots...LOL good news is"sa far" today I have not had it happen....but FYI NEVER EVER trust a FART!!! it is the truth...Good luck on your surgery. When is it and where are you having it done?

add me as  a friend if you want to chat

Take care

losingtowin
on 4/3/14 3:48 am

hey Tina G.  My surgery is April 24 at St Michaels.  I went through TWH.  I'm on day 2 of opti.  I'm doing a lot better today too, so let's hope I don't have to go through 3 weeks of it:). 

on 4/3/14 5:06 am - Canada

I am on day 10 of Opti.  It gets better.  I dont go quite as much seems to have settled a bit.  My surgery is April 22nd at St Joseph in Toronto

sarag73
on 4/3/14 7:04 am

I went to No frills today and i bought some no name beef broth it has 4 cals per cup! A lot better than some of the broths I have seen. I added garlic and herb mrs dash. SO Good! That really helped with some savory flavors , im not a huge sweets person so it was a nice change from the Optis

Orientation: December 2012 ~ Met Surgeon: Jan 9/2014 Surgery date:April 23rd/2014 Ottawa ~ Started Opti: April 2/2014 ~Opti starting weight April 2/2014: 271.4lbs~Pre surgical appointment: April 10/2014 ~Surgery weight TBA    

JJ_
on 4/3/14 12:11 pm

In Ottawa, we are told to take Metamucil CAPSULES with EACH shake.  2-3 capsules to help with Opit-trots or Opti-clog, it is the same remedy.  Good luck in slowing down the water train coming out.

Judy

Most Active