Stricture?

Charlene Straus
on 3/31/14 10:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning everyone! It's been a while, since I've been here. Things have been going well! Down 85 lbs. Have gone from a 4X to an XL in pants and a M - L in tops. I have even gone down 1 shoe size. I look great, even at 236 lbs. I would hate to stop, at this, but if I did, I would still be very happy with my surgical results. However, although it's been 6.5 months, since my surgery, the last week I've been having just a terrible time eating. I'm hungry, but disinterested in food, because when I do eat, I want to throw up. Everything tightens up and I just want to hurl. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, when did you find your weight loss slowed down?

LittleMiss2013
on 4/1/14 12:13 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

It's so weird you posted this! As I am sitting here trying to eat....I come to check the forums because last night and now I am having the SAME issue. I am like 5 1/2 months post op and every night before bed I make a little fruit platter of apple slices and grapes and share it with my daughter. Well last night.....I didn't eat dinner. I had a couple of bites but I wasn't feeling it, so I skipped it. Then come time for the fruit snack...I did apple slices, strawberries, and one orange divided into segments. I ate like 2 apple slices and a couple of orange slices and had to FIGHT the urge to spew for like an hour. I thought it was so weird....maybe it was the orange....but I have had orange a few times before and was fine.

Just now I am having a cheese stick, teeny bit of fake crab, and a cauliflower (low carb) biscuit I made yesterday. I FEEL full after my first bite. I was ABLE to eat the cheese stick and little biscuit.....but I  don't feel good ..... it's hard to explain...not nausea though. Something has definitely changed, just not sure what. I was wondering the same thing as you, but for some reason I thought we were too far out for strictures? Like it usually happens around 3 months? I am probably wrong though, lol I can drink liquid fine though.

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Charlene Straus
on 4/1/14 12:18 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yup. I can drink fine or even eat soup, with no issue, but anything else is just agonizing. Right now I hate a cheese string but wish I hadn't

bikinibound2014
on 4/1/14 1:01 am

I just had a followup with my surgeon last week and she mentioned that strictures could develop at 5-6 months.

If you continue to be uncomfortable you should get it checked out.

How do they check for strictures? Anyone know?

Charlene Straus
on 4/1/14 1:06 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm guessing an endoscope

Most Active