Back home.....

new_me180
on 3/30/14 8:31 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

well, it's been a long time since I've been here. After suffering for the last few weeks in pain and having my doc out on vacation didn't help, i finally got to see him on friday. I told him my symptoms and what was going on. He immediately scheduled me for an emergency surgery because he suspected i had am internal hernia. I was supposed to have the surgery between 7-8pm but they moved it forward to 5:30. Kinda caught me of guard and I became nervous as hell. Surgery started at 6pm and I was out of there at 7:30. Although he did use the same incisions, he made a new one just above my belly button and it hurts a LOT!!! but a lot less that when he fixed my belly button hernia. It was a pretty uneventful night besides the usual noise and vitals. When the surgeon came to check up on me the next day and to discuss the findings. He was happy to tell me that there was no internal hernia and from the way he closed the gaps in the initial surgery, i will most likely never get an internal hernia. Which was very good news but, he said i had a few adhesions that he had to remove and whilst i was under, he also did a gastroscopy. I still have scratches in my pouch and he's also not sure why they are there and what is causing them. Well he's hoping the cause of my pain were the adhesions or else if the pain continues, he'd have to do kind of a revision surgery where the stoma meets the pouch and re-route things again. I hope the pain goes away and i won't need to have another surgery. Well i'm home not starting to recover, hope it doesn't take too long and i can be up and running soon. The good news is i've lost almost 130lbs, lol. Thanks guys for all your support, will keep you updated if anything else happens.

Zizzler
on 3/30/14 9:11 am

Hope you feel better soon and no more pain.  Take care :0)

new_me180
on 3/30/14 10:53 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

thanx a bunch. Hope i feel better soon as well.

Pamela.S.
on 3/30/14 10:21 am - Canada

So glad to have an update.  I was wondering how you were doing.  Hope your recovery goes well.  Keep us posted!

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

new_me180
on 3/30/14 10:57 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks. My recovery is a bit painful but, i should hope it goes quickly and uneventful. I will definitely keep you updated on any further developments and keep your fingers crossed that i don't need further surgery.

Patm
on 3/30/14 10:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad to hear from you. I hope they found the source of your pain and you will now heal

new_me180
on 3/30/14 11:20 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to be over this hurdle soon.

Northernlightsmom
on 3/30/14 10:19 pm - Canada

I am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. I hope that things are much better from here on out. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

new_me180
on 3/31/14 5:13 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks for the support. Hope to be on the mend as well.

hibbyangel
on 3/31/14 3:01 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

glad to hear he took your symptoms seriously! not cool that he didnt find a certain cause of the pain. Feel better soon!

Most Active