Got my surgery date, not so excited:(

healthynewlife
on 3/28/14 1:51 pm - Guelph, Ontario, Canada

I got my surgery date today May 29th so I have to wait 2 more months! I asked them to be put  me on the cancellation list so I am hoping it will be earlier then end of May. I am so tired of being fat and be seen in public like this,  so 2 more months of being fat. It has been a long time since my referral was sent in September 25th 2012, I have been changing my bad eating habits slowly so I am ready like yesterday. I am too tired and emotional to do anything,  all I do is to go to work &  go home, Fridays grocery shopping and that's my life. ..I want my new life so bad that I am making myself sick,  I am usually very patient,  but this wait is really getting to me.  Thanks for the listening,  Jarka

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 3:23 pm

Dont let it get you down. You are so much closer than you were a month ago. Now you have something to look forward to. Hang on... its all most here!!! Try if you can to keep your mind off of it by going for a walk, go thru your closet to start making a list of which clothes you are going to get rid of first. Start a journal ect. 60 days is not a long time, and remember 2 weeks of that is Optifast. You can do this!!! 

sellarsgal
on 3/28/14 9:59 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I know exactly how you feel Jarka! My surgery date is May 28th. I am ready now as well! It's been a long roller coaster journey for sure. 

The good news is you have a date! I thought I wasn't going to get mine until June or July so I was excited to hear it was the end of May. I am so excited to be having this surgery that I am thinking of all the things to do to get ready for it. as well as wondering how much weight I will lose, and can't even imagine what size clothes I'll be wearing! lol 

So as depressing as the wait is, just think of after getting it done!! 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Patm
on 3/28/14 11:28 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It is good you finally have a date. It may seem like a long time but it will pass. A suggestion would be to find a new hobby. Something to do instead of eating. After the surgery there will come a time when head hungry will have you wanting all the old foods. If you have a mechanism in place you will be a long way ahead of the game. Good luck in your surgery and success

Onward and
Downward

on 3/29/14 2:19 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I know it seems like a really long wait right now, but it will go by soon enough. I hear you about being sick of being fat.  Don't forget that you're not going to be thin overnight - even if you had the surgery today, you likely wouldn't be at goal this summer. But you know what's great about having your surgery when you are having it? You'll have beautiful weather to get outside and do the walking you'll need to do in order to get your exercise and recover from surgery. If you had it this week or next, this icky weather would be a drag for doing that stuff.

Stick it out until surgery, don't feel bad about not having as much energy to do stuff right now - because soon, you will have a whole new lease on life! Only two months away. And hey, your Opti stage is even less time away than that.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

taniagirlca
on 3/29/14 2:37 am

I hear you, I am still waiting for my surgery date and this whole ordeal is taking forever

NewMe2.0
on 3/29/14 2:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Please hang tight Jarka.  You have worked so hard up to this point.  Take a deep breath, you are almost there.  In 3 months from today you will be one month post op! 

Vicky...(ps..I sent you a message)

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Mrs_Rolo
on 3/29/14 5:45 am - Waterloo, Canada

Hi Jarka,  I am so excited for you that you got your date.  Two months is nothing and will pass quickly.  April & May are great months with so many changes coming our way.  Maybe you have a small case of cabin fever.  At least you don't have to go through crappy months like Jan & Feb.

If it would help, I would love to meet you somewhere in Kitchener for coffee or a nice healthy dinner.  Once I can walk better (I am now off the walker and using a cane) we could go mall walking and dream of the clothes we are going to fit into soon! Just send me a message and we can set something up if you like, Sundays are usually good for me as my husband loves to watch the Nascar race.

Take care and talk to you soon!

Paulette

healthynewlife
on 4/1/14 12:05 pm - Guelph, Ontario, Canada

I am glad that you are getting better. I would like to meet too,  just let me know when you're ready,  possible in couple weeks? 

Jarka

Mrs_Rolo
on 4/3/14 7:24 am - Waterloo, Canada

Sending you a message.

Most Active