What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 3/27/14 8:17 pm, edited 3/27/14 8:20 pm

RNY  4 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Another strange eating day to try and plan for.....I am flying out this afternoon.....though it really seems that we are warming up here !

STEPS - approx 6000

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

1/2 bagel with cream cheese

S - 1/2 bagel with cream cheese

L - premier protein shake

S - Source Greek yogurt - 50 cal

D - 1 oz mixed nuts

glass of merlot

3 oz chicken

1/2 small dinner roll

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,321,  Carbs - 99 grams,  Fat - 53 grams,  Protein - 87 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

libra1
on 3/27/14 8:42 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 206.0 lbs, Total Lost - 79.4 lbs

Have a great weekend everyone!

Today’s menu is ...

B- Premier Protein shake & coffee with 2% milk

Snack- 2 Lite Laughing Cow cheese triangles

L- 1% Cottage cheese with Ketchup

S- Extra lean diced turkey and diced tomatoes & 2 L C cheese triangles

Snack- Greek yogurt

Cal-687, Carbs-37, Fat-16, Protein-89, Sugar-21, Chol-151

Onward and
Downward

on 3/27/14 8:51 pm, edited 3/27/14 8:53 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Your menu doesn't look too bad to me, Barb, especially for a day of travelling. It's such a drag that we can't take our own food through security in airports.  It would be so helpful not to have to eat airport food.

Yesterday went really well for me. Up until last night around 10:30. At which point I binged (well, mini-binged, bariatric style) on Ritz crackers. I don't even remember how many - a few big handfuls.  It was a real WTF moment for me. I have no idea what that was all about. They were there, I guess, and I was hungry. I'm finding myself actually physically hungry sometimes on 1100-1300 calories. But the dumb thing is, I had protein bars, I had other stuff on hand, and I ate the stupid crackers. Well, today is a new day and all that.  I think what I need to do when I get the urge to eat like that at night is to simply have something sensible and then go to bed. There was no reason for me to stay up until midnight snacking, especially when I get up so early.

Today: spending most of the day, until mid-afternoon, in another computer training course at work. They're providing lunch but I'm not sure I'm going to eat it, because they're serving wraps and soup - not much protein, and too many carbs. I think I'll bring homemade beef stew from the freezer instead. I'm going to Costco this afternoon since I'll be leaving work a bit early after arriving early for training and having a working lunch, so I think I'll pick up a rotisserie chicken and we'll do that for supper.

16 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 slice of P28 bread, toasted, with an egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil

S - 1/2 oz hazel nuts mixed with 1 tbsp reduced sugar craisins, 1/2 Pure Protein bar

L - Homemade beef stew

S - Carrot sticks, 1 slice P28 bread with 1/4 cup of homemade chicken spread

D - 4 oz rotisserie chicken, 1/4 cup green garbanzo peas sauteed with garlic and onion, and baby potatoes baked with garlic and cooking spray (just one or two little ones for me), and a glass (or probably two - I'll count two) of red wine

S - Glass of skim milk, other half of Pure protein bar if I need it (will try to do this instead of snacking on crap! And go to bed on time!)

TOTALS: 137g protein (holy moley, if that doesn't keep me full, nothing will), 43g fat, 86 carbs, 18g fiber, 1,477 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 3/27/14 9:09 pm

Hi Michelle

I suspect many of us can relate to your "cracker binge"......I usually eat exactly what I post every single day......other then "some days"....when from 7 - 10P.M. I can consume another 500 - 1000 calories of whatever.....I have been staying with some friends to help out the past week....and they have fig newtons in the house.....a handful every night has been MINE...lol......

Crackers.....the number one de-railer ....in my opinion......( not sure if de-railer is a word!)....tough to have just a few.....

Onward and
Downward

on 3/27/14 11:56 pm, edited 3/27/14 11:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

You are so right! I really just need to get rid of the damn crackers. They are left over from a party we had at our place three weeks ago and they're just killing me. We are going to a party tomorrow night and I'm helping the hostess get ready by bringing some stuff, and all the freakin crackers are going to her place!

I've been sitting in this training session this morning, just on a break right now. My role yesterday was to learn the system and today my role is to sit aside and watch others being trained (so, listening to the same material as yesterday) so I can carry out the training later. So basically, I'm not doing much except sitting and listening and it is killing me to wait until 10 or 10:30 to eat my morning snack. The munchies really have a hold on me lately, especially when I'm sitting idle. Well, back to the grind...it helps to talk to people who understand in the moment of craving!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Patm
on 3/27/14 9:34 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Safe travels Barb. I fell at work yesterday. Dumb fall. Hurt my butt, no padding anymore. Also hit my head. I have been sleeping a lot since. I hit the back of my head but the one side of my head is sore invcluding my jaw. Must of clinched it when I fell. So a lot of soft foods

b greek yogurt, granola, prunes

s hummus, crackers

l ham and pea soup, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d chicken, salsa, salad

cal 1063, carb 117, prot 85.1

birdiegirl
on 3/27/14 10:50 pm

Watch this eh Pat???....could you have a concussion?.....sleeping a lot is a sign I believe.....hopefully some nurses will chime in here

Patm
on 3/28/14 8:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks I had my docotr check me out and I apear to be fine just very sore

Onward and
Downward

on 3/28/14 9:41 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Oh good, glad to hear it.

Sunny123
on 3/28/14 10:57 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Thanks goodness! Hope you lose the pain soon. 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active