QUESTION!!!!

NorthernHusky
on 3/27/14 12:09 am

how long typically, id appreciate some feed back, after the doctors put your name through to have surgery do they schedule it?? i know ill have to wait for SURE the 2-3 weeks pre-op diet... but typically, in YOUR xperience, how long?

Catw
on 3/27/14 12:16 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi, which doctor are you refering to?  Are you refering to the one that puts your name through to the Bariatric registry?  If so, the average is from 12 months to 18 months.  If you are referring to the surgeon, then it would depend on which clinic you are going through.  When I had my surgery, Ottawa's policy was to take the first week of the month, and schedule the following month's surgeries.  I'm not sure what the other centres do.

Cathy

NorthernHusky
on 3/27/14 12:42 am

Thanks Cathy,

im from Manitoba actually... the center i am with is in Winnipeg. and i meant with the surgeon lol

Catw
on 3/27/14 1:17 am - Arnprior, Canada

Each centre in Ontario is different, not sure if anyone would know about the centres in Winnipeg.  Your best bet would probably be to call the centre and ask them.  They can explain their process and give you an approximate time frame as to how long before you get the call for the surgery appointment.

Cathy

on 4/8/14 7:42 am - Canada

Hi there.  I had my teleconference  with my surgeon and is secretary called the next day with my surgery date.  But I've been told that it does not happen like that very often.  Good luck :-)

Most Active