Information session at HRRH - what next?

Seyenna
on 3/26/14 9:31 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I have my information session on April 7th at the Keele location. Is there anything I should bring, or do while I'm there? What are the wait times after the info session? I'm curious if anyone has gone through the process recently and what sort of timeline I can expect.

Thanks so much and Happy Thursday to all.

franky13
on 3/26/14 11:21 pm

I had Session December 2012 and got call 2 wks after, for surgeon appnt in January :) HRRH

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

Seyenna
on 3/26/14 11:24 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

omgosh I hope mine is that fast!

They never sent me any information on the information session, I called in and they gave me an appointment. It seems like the squeaky wheels get the grease?

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

ladydt
on 3/27/14 12:22 pm

I had my orientation at the Keele site in October 2013 ..met with the surgeon in Jan.and have a whole bunch of appointments next week....not sure whats next....hopefully I wont have to have any scopes done....

EllenMW
on 3/27/14 11:10 pm

You will get an appointment to meet the surgeon first then after that the internist and then all the clinic appointments with the dietian/nurse/social worker.   Any tests like sleep test etc are done through the internist.  I had my orentation back in nov, met the surgeon a week or so later then the internist Jan.  had a sleep study done in Jan.  Had my appt with the rn/rd/sw cancelled due to ice storm , resceduled for end of Jan had to go back again in March. they told me i'd hear from the surgeons office within 2 wkks i didnt wait..called myself got an appt...my surgery is sched. Oct 7!!!

jademtn
on 3/29/14 11:42 pm

Hi there,

My doc has sent my referral to the Ontario Bariatric Network a few weeks ago and I know that I'll be referred to HRRH based on my postal code as well. You mentioned though that you called them for the orientation? That sounds fabulous - any way you could provide their number?

And best of luck to you on this journey!

Most Active