Yogurt - safe for stage 2???

beme_atlast
on 3/24/14 2:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

I wanted to know what kind of yogurt that everyone uses?  I've been looking for one that is fat free, sugar free AND free of artificial sweeteners.  

I've been using IOGO with Stivia but it has fruit and the occasional seed in it and I know that's not safe for stage 2 or 3. Any suggestions?

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Caroline K.
on 3/24/14 2:46 am

What about starting with a plain, 0% fat Greek yogurt, and then adding whatever sugar-free sweetener/flavouring you want?

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Leanne1
on 3/24/14 2:52 am - Newmarket, Canada

I used the source, and silhouette when I was first out. I found that they were too sweet for me... I now eat Activia because it has a probiotic in it. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Needanewbeginning
on 3/24/14 3:13 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I only ate Kirkland zero percent Greek yoghurt for many months. I out apple sauce in it to give it a little life. I was loving the source yoghurts as well until recently but my nut suggested I get back to one with probiotics, now activia has a Greek one, its a bit high in calories but good on carbs and sugars. I haven't found one yet without artificial sweeteners, unless its a plain yoghurt. 

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Catw
on 3/24/14 3:43 am - Arnprior, Canada

Your best bet is to get a Fat Free plain greek yogurt.  Then add some flavors to it.  I haven't experemented with this yet, but have experemented with baking extracts and oatmeal.  I've tried vanilla and it's pretty good, but I really like Maple.  With either of the flavors, I find that it tastes like there is more sugar in it than there really is.  You could always try pureed fruits (no sugar).  Or, what I will sometimes do for a more savory treat, add onion soup mix or another dip mix into my plane yogurt.  It's just like a dip.

Cathy

NorthernStar
on 3/24/14 11:21 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

All dairy contains lactose, naturally occurring milk sugar so you won't find any yogurt that is completely sugar free. If you'd like no added sugar, try plain Greek yogurt. I love Liberte 0% and 2%. It's really creamy but I found plain yogurt to be an acquired taste so it may take some getting used to. 

I love Source Greek, it's low sugar and the flavours are awesome but it's artificially sweetened. 

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

beme_atlast
on 3/24/14 12:55 pm, edited 3/24/14 12:57 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Thanks to everyone *****plied to my yogurt question!

Looks like it's going to be plain greek yogurt with flavouring added

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Most Active