Over Eating Support Group

photomkr
on 3/16/14 3:43 pm

Does anyone know of any over-eating support groups in the Oshawa or Peterborough area? I am going through the process for WLS and want to join a support group for addictive eating habits before the surgery.

thanks, 

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/16/14 8:39 pm - Windsor, Canada

Great thinking!!!

I hope you find something.  

If you can't find anything, lol up over eaters anonymous. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

photomkr
on 3/25/14 9:46 pm

thanks very much, I hope to find a group to join very soon.

PaulaToronto
on 3/18/14 7:49 am - Toronto, Canada

Look at hospitals that have eating disorder programs - they might have such a program. Sheena's Place in downtown Toronto is the only non hospital program I am aware of for eating disorders other than overeaters anonymous.  Their programs are free but hard to get to for me I am in mississauga.  I have done several programs there in the past and they were helpful. If you have a plan or can afford individual therapy might be the answer for you.

As a eating disordered person pre surg it doesn't go away and two years out from surgery I am struggling with regain and bingeing again .  I was in a good place before surgery and was stable for over a year pre op.  I needed my therapist to vouch for me as they would not do surgery if I was not stable. It is important to get this in check before surgery and have tools available because it will probably return post surgery and the question is only when. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

photomkr
on 3/25/14 9:51 pm

thanks Paula, I am very concerned about going through all this only to let my addiction sabotage me a year or two after surgery. I am reading the book Mindless eating and started to become aware of the many triggers that cause us to eat with out thinking about it. Thanks again for your response and offer to help. I hope that you continue to win the battle over your eating disorder .

Most Active