Spider Veins

Natyrie82
on 3/15/14 7:59 am - London, Canada

Did your Spider Veins go away after loosing weight?

teachren
on 3/15/14 8:10 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

I wish.. :-)

Now that being said, I have severe vericose veins in addition to spider veins. I figured losing 137 pounds would at least make them appear better. I think in fact they look worse because the skin around them is "caved in" and "crepe like". So I think the loose skin makes the veins more pronounced. I hope that is just in my case but I thought I would give you what appears to be my truth on the question.

I am going to go to a local doctor who does cosmetic procedures and look into what he can do for them.

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/15/14 9:52 am - Windsor, Canada

No.  The damage was done. I have two large veins that poke out on my inner thighs at the knee. Ugly.

Losing the fat made them far more noticeable.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Mary A.
on 3/17/14 4:38 am
On March 15, 2014 at 4:52 PM Pacific Time, Diminishing Dawn wrote:

No.  The damage was done. I have two large veins that poke out on my inner thighs at the knee. Ugly.

Losing the fat made them far more noticeable.

Dawn

I'm with Dawn...and I have the same issues, been meaning to contact the doctor that does schlerotherphy (sp?) just haven't done it yet

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

RidingFan
on 3/15/14 10:12 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

I had severe problems with varicose veins in the past after my pregnancies and had them stripped 20 yearrs ago but they came back even worse.  I then had  laser ablation treatment the year before weight loss surgery at The Vein Institute in Toronto. That took care of the major veins but now going back to treat the remaindiing surface and spider veins. They had not improved as a result of my weight loss but are looking better now. Can't do much about the wrinkles though!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Natyrie82
on 3/15/14 11:06 am - London, Canada

Thanks so much for your info I have a small patch on my upper thigh I was hoping they would go once I lost weight but oh well they are hidden pretty good anyway 

PaulaToronto
on 3/18/14 7:40 am - Toronto, Canada

I'm with the others, my veins were worse after surgery and I too am looking to do procedures?  Is it covered by OHIP?  I have spider veins and major bulging veins too.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active