Doing well

csmith74
on 3/15/14 3:45 am

Well since my surgery in August, I am almost to my suggested weight by my doctor. This is an achievement that I have worked hard at and I'm enjoying my ability to do things I could not do before I lost the weight. The only thing I'm having trouble with is my low levels on different vitamins (these were at good levels before my surgery). My vitamin A & D are low and calcium & iron are low. This being said, I have started intense vitamin therapy as per my doctor but I only wish I had more energy to do things. Hopefully in six weeks when I have my blood work done again, my levels are up a bit and continue to go up. I did manage to get dehydrated during the Christmas season as I was dealing with 2 sick kids on my own and forgetting to ensure I was drinking enough fluids--that made me realize that I'm just as important as they are and I need to take a quick break and look after myself. Thankfully my local emerge was quick and got me the help I needed. I am hopeful that sharing this helps someone else who has come out of surgery and is feeling run down or thinking I need to look after everyone else first--look after yourself and if you're not feeling good, stop and look at what you're drinking/eating and get back on track. This has been the best decision in my life that I have made in a long time!

Patm
on 3/15/14 10:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You are so right. You really need to take care of yourself. Your are no good to yourself or anyone else of you are run down and dehydrated.

Hope you feel better soon

Most Active