LACKING VITAMINS PRE-OP

joannebradford
on 3/14/14 6:49 am - Canada
I had Hpylori fall of 2012 and I believe this to be the culprit as to why I am now B12 deficient since Nov and started shots because the tablets were not working and now I just found out from Dr. Glazers blood requisition that I am not absorbing iron??? My surgery date with Dr. Huyn is May 1st and I'm really freaked out now. I don't know how this is gonna work after the surgery...............any thoughts would be really helpful rite now. I keep going back and forth from excited and not worrying to more and more nervous from cor morbidity and I'm getting more scared everyday that I am somehow going to die or be very sick from this. Please help
joanne.

Joanne

Hennagirliegirl
on 3/14/14 7:12 am - Canada

Not to worry Joanne, if your B12 level gets too low you would receive an infusion. keep taking the oral supplements though. Your labs will be followed while in hospital, then at your visits....it's all part of the program.

perhaps the iron you are taking is the wrong one for you.....I was taking proferin post op and not absorbing it ( even with 500mg of vitamin C per dose of iron ) now I'm giving ferrous sulphate a try.

Terri

Test

Most Active