preadmission appt

sarag73
on 3/14/14 2:06 am

I am new to this forum. My sx date is April 23. I met with Dr Mamazza in Ottawa Jan 9. My preadmit is March 27 what should I expect? I was told its a 3 hr appt. 

Also any suggestions how to get through the optifast before sx, I start April 2.

Very anxious to start my new life

Leanne1
on 3/14/14 4:01 am - Newmarket, Canada

- they want to know any and all meds and/or vitamins that you are taking, it's a good idea to bring the bottles with you

- they will do some swabs (nose and butt) 

- you will talk to an anesthesiologist

- I had bloodwork done 

There are many threads about opti recently, just scroll thru ;)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

providence
on 3/14/14 2:45 pm
RNY on 03/20/14

Hi, I just had my PATTS at the Civic on Thursday. I met with an RN to go over some medical history. Had blood taken, had an ECG, met with the anethethist, and the pharmacist took down my medication information. It took about 2.5 hours.

In terms of the Optifast, I have 5 days left, my surgery is this Thursday. It is tough, no doubt about it. I am not loving it, however it is not the worst thing in the world either. You just have to be determined and keep your eye on the prize as they say! The taste is ok really. I have come to really like the chocolate and I have been adding decaf coffee to the vanilla and it isn't too bad. Drink your water and get those sugar fee jellos, they do make you feel like you have "eaten" something. I have found that I still feel hungry, but at the same time have no real desire to eat. The first few days really are the hardest. Just take one day at a time, one shake at a time. Best of luck!!

Most Active