platics in Hamilton

Nellabelle
on 3/12/14 8:59 am - Hamilton, Canada

doing a shout out to anyone who had plastics. I am 7 years out and sick of the spare tire. I have no idea where to start. I would prefer to have the surgery in a hospital instead of a private clinic but that may be the wrong idea.  anyone out there have a tummy tuck? was anything else suggested to go with the tuck? How much was it, what doctor, what facility?? I am hoping to get it done for 5-8 thousand - this may be way out of the ballpark. I have heard from other that the surgeons charge for a consult so I would like to bring it down to two or three surgeons. I am willing to go to st catherines, Burlington, Oakville as well.

birdiegirl
on 3/12/14 9:38 am

I had an extended TT with Dr Thoma at St Joes in Hamilton....I was very pleased with everything.....$8500

Needanewbeginning
on 3/12/14 9:57 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

There are a number of folks here who have just had plastics or are just going thru the process. I have been researching lately and found several different surgeons. I have a consult May 5th with a Dr Jugenburg in Toronto. He was recommended by my wls surgeon Dr Hagen and works out of HRRH as well as his private medical facility at the royal York hotel in Toronto. The patients who self payare done at the hotel clinic, all OHIP and upgrades to OHIP have to be done at HRRH.

After researching several PS Dr's I am really looking forward to meeting with this guy. There isn't a consulting fee with him. I am looking into my batwings, tt, mons, thighs. Yes, the whole thing. Realistically, it's not all going to happen but that's what I am going to see him about and take it one step at a time. First and formost will be my panni, which I am thinking will or should be covered by OHIP presuming I meet the qualifications for that. Then I would be doing an upgrade to a tummy tuck, or fleur de list or is it an lbl? Still a little confused about the terminology, lol. My estimate from my research, which really is from many on OH who have been so kind and open about their recent plastics, is anywhere from $3000 for an upgraded panni to a tt, to $6000. Curious to see myself what I get quoted. I will be financing it, as it's not going to happen with the little I have been trying to put away for this, but its important to me to complete my journey with the final step of plastics. 

The surgeons I know of are:

Dr Nandagopal, Dr Kreidstein, Dr Daniel Martin, then the one I am seeing. I have heard great things about these surgeons however I was slightly concerned when reading reviews on several others, so I kept these three names as they seem to have the better reviews. Dr Jugenburg has an incredible reputation as being one of the best, but my guess is he may be the most expensive? To be continued. 

Good luck. I am sure lots here in OH will jump in to help you, there is also the plastics board you could post your question?

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/12/14 10:45 am - Windsor, Canada

Hey lovely lady,

I just recently got Ohip approval. Panni portion covered.   Out of pocket around $4,000 for fleur de lis tummy tuck.  Whole shebang. I'm having mine in London with dr matic but you are close to Toronto -- I'd go with dr nandagopol 

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Mary A.
on 3/13/14 2:57 am

I had my panni approved last year, but asked for an extension due to another surgery.  I was initially denied by OHIP, but went through the appeal process.

My PS is Dr. Srah Wong in Scarborough and told me that if I was approved the additional tummy tick would be $4,000.00.  I thoroughly liked her and her demeanour as well as her extensive experience in breast reconstruction and tummy tucks.

I live in Thunder Bay and decided to try a PS that is newly established here for a consult.  After the consult this past January and a quote of $6,000.00 and his recommendation that I also opt for liposuction..I wasn't very impressed by his "sales pitch"

I am 50 years old and don't ever intend to wear a bikini and am not concerned that I have flabbiness on my thighs.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active