What to Expect at 2nd Surgeon Appointment?

INSIDEOUT2014
on 3/10/14 9:36 am

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone has gone through HRRH and could tell me what to expect at the second surgeon's appointment.

My surgeon is Dr Sohi and I need to meet with him at his office off site - however I have to wait for them to send the AOK from Dr Glaziers office first.

I know I will buy my opti from him directly - but does he schedule more testing?

When I got through Dr Glazier I thought I would cry in the car - just felt like I had navigated through so many questionnaires, testing, poking and proding I felt such a releif - now I'm wondering if anyone's had experience with Dr Sohi and what to expect from him..

Hope everyone made it through Monday - I'm itching for spring and todays extra daylight and warmer weather has me drooling at the thought of sandals already!

Take Care,

InsideOut

Referral Aug27 013   Confirmed Oct 12 2013  Orientation Jan6 2014 (HRRH)  1st Surgeon Appt Jan18 2014 + BloodWork  SW/RN/RD Feb14 2013 Dr Glazier Mar6 2014 Surgery June 27 2014

Leeann G.
on 3/10/14 12:28 pm - Canada

Hi there,

If you got the go ahead from Dr.Galzer I would call and make an appointment with Dr. Sohi.  Don't wait for them to call you, it could delay you!!  When you meet with him you will probably get your Opti and your date

.  My Surgeon is Dr.Klein and I'm a week out tomorrow and feeling great!!

Oh ya ... Good Luck!!

Leeann 

sellarsgal
on 3/10/14 8:41 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I go see Dr. Sohi tomorrow for my second appointment. I am anxious to get my surgery date! 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

INSIDEOUT2014
on 3/10/14 9:34 pm

Thanks for your replies Ladies

LeeannG - I tried calling ( I'll admit immediately after leaving Dr Glaziers office) but was told that they can not book any appointments without the AOK in their hands :(  which she told me that the Clinic is behind in sending to them....I'm going to start calling the clinic tomorrow to follow up to see if this was done.  I'm hoping that this won't delay me very long. So happy to hear you are doing well! Exciting but scary journey - so many things to think about.

Sellarsgal CONGRATS on your next step!! You  must be just thrilled !! Crossing my fingers you come back to tell me what your appointment was like if you don't mind sharing. 

Once we push this ball and it starts running its course it's exciting, enlightening and such a ride! I'm actually starting to feel excited for my future.... I can only imagine and find strength in all of your posts that I can do this too!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

InsideOut

Referral Aug27 013   Confirmed Oct 12 2013  Orientation Jan6 2014 (HRRH)  1st Surgeon Appt Jan18 2014 + BloodWork  SW/RN/RD Feb14 2013 Dr Glazier Mar6 2014 Surgery June 27 2014

michellecowles
on 3/10/14 11:51 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

at the second surgeon appointment he does not schedule more testing. If you get the AOK from Dr. Glazer that means you are done with all of your testing. I dont have dr. sohi, but i have dr. hagen, when i went for my second surgeon appointment, meeting with him was all of 5 minutes, just going through paperwork etc. The rest of the process was done through his secretary who gave me my surgery date and a questionnaire that i have to bring with me when I go to PATTS before my surgery. I didn't buy my optifast that day because my surgery is a ways away. Depending on your surgery date it may be in your best interest to wait to buy optifast, unless you live out of the toronto area. 

Hope that helps! 

-Michelle

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

sellarsgal
on 3/11/14 3:57 am - Oshawa, Canada

Yes I'm very excited and nervous, and I will for sure let you know tomorrow!! 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Most Active