update...

new_me180
on 3/10/14 8:04 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

So to follow up on my complaint on the surgeon I saw the other day. I called Guelph and spoke with both the bariatric centre and was informed to write a letter so they can put it in my chart. She also gave me the direct line for the patient relations person at the hospital who eventually called back and I explained to her what happened. She apologized and she told me to forward the letter and she would address the doc and forward my complaint to the director of bariatrics. She agreed if I'm getting lousy service, I had every right to complain. She asked if it was OK if the doc called me to clear up the air and I told her sure. I also requested a meeting with the bariatric co-ordinator with or without the doc. I was quite pleased with the lady I spoke to as she was nice and attentive, I guess that's why she's an advocate.

I think at this point in my life, i've come to the point that i'm not going to take any crap from no one, including doctors who think that they are god. Combined with the hormones from all that weight loss, i'm not very tolerant. I will wait to hear any responses from the hospital and will keep you guys updated. 

ps. I feel ok today, not any worse and not that much better, sigh**

TanyaLH
on 3/10/14 8:13 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I am happy to hear you are getting spmewhere with this.

Take care,

Tanya

new_me180
on 3/10/14 11:52 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks. I hope I get back to normal asap.

healthynewlife
on 3/10/14 8:54 am - Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do you mind sharing who's the doctor?  I am going through Guelph and I have an appointment with Dr Reed on March 28th. I heard that he is not worm and fuzzy wish his patients, so I am little bit worried and hoping not to be too stressed out during my appointment. He's one of the best surgeons...all I want an awesome job with no complications. 

Thanks, Jarka

new_me180
on 3/10/14 12:08 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

All I can say it's another male member of staff. I have DR Reed and i'm generally pleased with his care. He's a very good surgeon doesn't talk much but is very thorough. He's more of a one word, short answer kind of guy. I was hoping not to have complications but, everyone is different and it can't be guaranteed. I'm not gonna lie and say he's a god. We've butted heads before and disagreed on some stuff but, he always make sure he explains what and why he does things. Don't worry girl, you're in fine hands and you'll be fine. He's warmer than he lets on. I think I have an appointment that day as well. Not sure if I'll go though.

good luck.

Patm
on 3/10/14 1:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You have every right to be upset with the surgeon you had at the hospital. But it seems not going to the appt with Dr Reed would be just hurting you not them. You still need to sort out the issues you have with eating.

Katie M.
on 3/10/14 9:15 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Glad to hear you are getting your complaints addressed. Everyone has off days, doctors are no exception, but it sounds like he really did treat you like you were just an irritant rather than a patient with legitimate concerns. I really hope they get everything figured out so you can start to feel better and get your eating back on track. It's great to hear you're not taking crap from people - especially those who are meant to be helping you!! 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

new_me180
on 3/10/14 12:21 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks Katie. I hope I can get over whatever's going on before I lose it and murder someone, lol. What got to me is that they tell you if something doesn't feel right get it checked out, better safe than sorry, we are always here to help, bla bla bla. Yet when you try to get help, they see you as an irritant. I was just enjoying getting into a regular routine, going to the Y, meeting new people. Now I've lost 5 days of working out. Getting off plan and not eating well, only managed to eat three and a half meals today. Not eating enough protein. It's like two steps forward, one step back. I know things will get better sooner or later. Hope it is sooner.

thanks for your support Katie, really appreciated.

Most Active