What are you eating doing this morning

Patm
on 3/8/14 10:15 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Beautiful day out there.Barb must still be having trouble with her internet

I was going to do a lot of cooking today but will go for a long walk this afternoon instead. Going to church this morning. I have been looking for a good recipe for short ribs. They appear to be in two camps. Either tomato based or wine based. I want to throw them in the crock pot so need to make a decision soon. I am having trouble thinking about food this morning so this is all I have so far

B 2 eggs, bacon

S yogurt

L chili,

D short ribs, salad

Cal 859 carb 37.5, prot 67

Did over 13, 000 steps yesterday. Hope to do a lot today as well.

Onward and
Downward

on 3/8/14 10:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi Pat, I was just coming here to start this now that I have my meals planned, and you started it already! :) It IS a gorgeous day outside, isn't it?  I might hop on my bike for a bit today, depending on how windy it is.  Looks like I should do it this morning if I do it, since the wind will be picking up this afternoon.  I can't wait for spring!  If I don't bike, I'll try to walk.

No recipe for short ribs, sorry - if you find one, can you post it, though?  I just got a crock pot a couple of weeks ago and would love a good recipe! I made a killer beef stew last week - the only thing I'd change is to add a lot more beef, since we had a lot of leftover gravy once I had fished the meat out. LOL.  (Hubby didn't complain - he loved the gravy part as much as the rest!)

Today I'm continuing to do work in the house - I was doing that most of the day yesterday, and planned nothing, and as a result, I did graze a bit here and there, but I didn't do anything too terrible food-wise.  Today, I have the master plan together!  Woke up later than usual, so it throws my meal and snack timings off a bit, but that's okay, I'll get it on track.  Planning to make a super-duper lasagna today, brimming with ground beef and Italian sausage.  A treat for hubby, and the excess meat means I can eat a substantial portion, avoid most of the noodles, and still feel full afterwards.

16 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 9:45 a.m. - 1 egg with cheese melted on it, on 1 slice of P28 bread toasted

S - 11:30 a.m. - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup frozen berries

L - 1:30 p.m. - Open-faced smoked salmon sandwich: 75g smoked salmon, 2 tbsps light cream cheese, 2 tbsps capers, 1 slice P28 bread toasted, 10 ****tail onions on the side

S - 4:00 p.m. or so - 2 single-serve iogo yogurts (was going to have one serving and some nuts, but my fat is through the roof today, so I'll skip the nuts)

D - 6:30 or 7 p.m. - 1 serving of homemade lasagna

S - 9:30 p.m. or so - 1/2 Quest bar, 1 cup of skim milk (spaced apart to follow the liquid/solid rule)

TOTALS: 116g protein, 62g fat (yikes), 82 carbs (not bad!), 17g fiber, 1372 calories

Have a fabulous day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 3/9/14 1:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope you got out. The wind seems pretty cold. My day is all mixed up. It is almost 1:00pm and just going out with the dog

Onward and
Downward

on 3/9/14 1:54 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

No, I didn't. I opened the door this morning to put some recycling on the porch and thought, there's no way in hell I'm riding a bike in this cold today! But I will go for a walk. I have to pick up a couple of lbs of ground beef for my lasagna...

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Sunny123
on 3/8/14 11:14 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months +

Open house today again today.

B- went to breakfast with DH and friends, poached egg, two slices of bacon 1 piece of rye toast (my first bread in well over a month) – said ‘no’ to the home fries!! Yay me!

S- danone silhouette greek vanilla yogurt, all max protein powder

Lunch –ham/cheese roll up, mustard for dipping!

S- turkey pepperette, babybel light

Dinner –greek turkey burger, tzatziki

FITNESS PAL Calories 1033 Carbs 29 Fat 53 Protein 116

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 3/9/14 1:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck on your home sales

Zizzler
on 3/8/14 11:41 pm, edited 3/9/14 12:27 am

I am pre-op

Late getting up so it will be brunch for me :0)   Going to the gym this morning and doing my groceries as well. Up to 16km of cycling per week from 6km when I started biking again. I find the cross-Canada trail challenge has really motivated me. Lately I have been liking some time in the sauna after my workout.  Just sit in there with a book and it is so nice when it is cold outside. Intend to take a nice hot bath tonight.  Next week will be a long week as I will be working on the weekend, so I am trying to fill up my tank as best I can this weekend. 

Brunch - sf low carb high protein pancakes with sf walden syrup (1st time trying new hope brand - 13 g protein)

S - 2 packs funcheez

D - ham steak with broccoli

S - sf low carb cinnamon raisin toast with cream cheese

Drinks: crystal light, decaf tea, water

cals: 1280, carb: 32, protein: 73

Have a nice day everyone!

Update:  the pancakes were amazing!!!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Chelsea1
on 3/9/14 12:54 am - Canada
Where did you get the cinnamon raisin bread from? Looks delish!
Zizzler
on 3/9/14 10:39 am

I get it online at the low carb grocery.  Here is the link.  Let me know if you like it.  Just so you know there are very few raisins to keep it low carb, but its still really yummy.

Chelsea1
on 3/9/14 11:08 am - Canada
Ok that's great! Thanks!
Most Active