PATTS next week and my weight is up!

discodiva22
on 3/7/14 9:19 am - Canada

So I'm getting close to my surgery date and I have my PATTS next week at HRRH. I am hoping to get some information on what to expect that day? I also have put on about 5 Lbs since my last appointment and now I am worried that they could postpone my surgery because of it??? I have been doing so well following the "program" but I have had a few of the dreaded "bucket list" binges I have read about. Now not only am I at the point where I am nervous about the surgery, I am completely stressed out about the few extra pounds I stupidly added to my body!!! Any information and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Leanne1
on 3/7/14 11:55 am - Newmarket, Canada

They will review your meds, if any, that you are taking. Write down any medication and/or vitamins you take. They will swab you to make sure you don't have mrsa, vre, cdiff and whatever else; it's standard for any surgery. They will check your weight. You will talk to the anesthesiologist.

It should be ok. Get back on track! No more bucket list binge eating. You will be able to eat some foods again after a while. "Everything in moderation" after surgery. I started introducing some things after a year.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Nanato2
on 3/7/14 7:58 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Don't worry about it I gained over 10 lbs during my process and it never stopped my surgery. I know TWH and I believe HRRH will not postpone surgery just because you gained a few pounds. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Hennagirliegirl
on 3/7/14 10:17 pm - Canada

Don't worry....your surgery will go ahead as scheduled.

Terri

Test

reenie33
on 3/8/14 12:19 am

dont keep looking back at your mistakes. Just get back up on your horse and ride him into the sunset. Keep your focus, treat yourself with nice things.. bubblebath, new magazine , mani-pedi etc. We all  have slips, some have complete wipeouts lol, but the thing to remember is YOU CAN DO THIS. And dont tell yourself that you will never ever be able to have such n such, as this will drive you to it. Tell yourself that in the future, if you feel like a taste of something you will and can. just go easy and treat yourself well, I think you will find that you will like treating yourself well is far better a reward than a pig out of forbidden foods. When I was on opti-fast , I had a minor issue with my son.... well that gave me permission to eat an enormous amount of macaroni and beef with tomatoes, I mean a disgusting  amount! the next day I started all over

discodiva22
on 3/10/14 5:17 am - Canada

Thanks to all *****plied! The advice and information you shared has been very helpful. I am certainly feeling less stressed and am back on track!

Most Active